Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hangover run, Jan 1st in so cal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
BMITCHELL
Anyone plan on going?
We meet at the Village Coffee Roaster in Calabasas around 9 am, then off past the Rock Store and then to the grandstand and twistys.
campbellcj
If I am in town, I will sure try to be there. I missed the last couple.
oldschool
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 9 2009, 09:57 PM) *

Do I need a working car? huh.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 9 2009, 10:09 PM) *

You could probably hitch a ride if your car is on jackstands...
oldschool
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 9 2009, 10:16 PM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Dec 9 2009, 10:09 PM) *

You could probably hitch a ride if your car is on jackstands...

huh.gif idea.gif driving.gif poke.gif yellowsleep[1].gif stromberg.gif aktion035.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif maybe.
dw914er
do you need to be in a classic car?
914_teener
Pencil In.....I have a problem with the FI after my escapade in the snow in Big Bear? I think it is my MPS. I should have it running by then...I hope.

Rob unsure.gif
jim_hoyland
I'll be there.

BTW: Take the 101 to VALLEY CIRCLE, drive toward the Mountains about 1/2 mile. the Village Roaster is on the left in a strip mall that includes a McDonalds, Market, Bagel Places, etc.
2-OH!
I am a, for sure, maybe, probably...It was really great last year...Kitchen pass issue...

2-OH!

SirAndy
QUOTE(BMITCHELL @ Dec 9 2009, 08:52 AM) *

We meet at the Village Coffee Roaster in Calabasas around 9 am, then off past the Rock Store and then to the grandstand and twistys.

Don't forget to add it to the events calendar!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=calendar

driving.gif Andy
RiqueMar
I REALLY want to make this.... If the car is done
campbellcj
Is there an official web site or blog post somewhere about the run, with a route map etc? I know in some prior years DaveB from TRE was one of the organizers but I have not heard much about the 2010 run except for this thread here.
914_teener
Let's just post it on the calender like Andy says and see who shows up.

Organize????
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachmentGuys, be really CAREFUL at that shopping center parking lot. About 2 months ago some of the store owners called in law enforcement and lots of cars got ticketed and/or towed. The crime was illegal parking, and the place quickly became a sea of tow trucks, meter maids (meter commies), LAPD and CHP. If you were not near your hot rod, or carrying a bag from one of the stores...you were considered illegally parked. The coffee roasters has to be one of the best impromptu gatherings of gearheads around (Hi Jay Leno), but some of the merchants are getting tired of it all.

Marty
BMITCHELL
Jan 1 is a friday. I think most of the problems occured on euro trash Sundays which have a huge turnout.
BMITCHELL
Welcome to California! headbang.gif Apparently there is a lawsuit against the village coffee roaster for having gearheads show up at the shopping center. It made the Dailey News. Headline: Classic cars banned from shopping Center. Rent a cops with a guard dog and copies of the injuction harass gearheads.
If this is still going to happen we need another place to meet before we drive the twisties. Any ideas?
Maltese Falcon
I did speak with Jeromy over at TRE today. He said the the usual Hangover Run will take place at TRE's joint on New Year's morning...the scoop is over at the Bird board.
Marty
campbellcj
I know on some of the prior TRE hangover runs there was a midway stop where everyone could regroup and more people could join in. I'll try to find the Pelican thread and see if they have a stopping point identified.

There are several other large shopping centers out our way with plenty of parking lot space but they may have a similar attitude to the Village Coffee Roaster facility's ownership/landlord.
Mike D.
Dave's TRE run is not in the SM mountains anymore. He has been going the other way because of Mulholand being too crowded and law enforcement in that area. Better check if you plan on meeting up with them half way.
campbellcj
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Dec 17 2009, 01:46 PM) *

Dave's TRE run is not in the SM mountains anymore. He has been going the other way because of Mulholand being too crowded and law enforcement in that area. Better check if you plan on meeting up with them half way.

Aha, thanks for the heads-up! Since I live in the SaMo mtns (and my car is not terribly pleasant for freeway cruising) I will try to stick closer to home and hopefully join up with a group somewhere.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Dec 17 2009, 01:46 PM) *

Not to mention all of the new potholes since last weeks storm...ouch sad.gif
Marty
TRE Cup
hi guys
its been a while since i've posted here.
our nyd run will indeed take place in the sm mountains. Angeles Forest and surrounds are mess and no fun with all the debris (if open)

we meet at TRE at 7:30 and take off at 8:30. We will be passing by Topanga and PCH at approx 9-ish for those of you that want a few more minutes shut eye , or coming from northern locales. This will be an extended version of our Thankgiving run with lunch at Dukes (you can park your own car)

we welcome all makes and models of cars. just bring a nice courteous and safe attitude with you

happy holidays to all and hope to have you join us
914_teener
QUOTE(TRE Cup @ Dec 17 2009, 09:11 PM) *

hi guys
its been a while since i've posted here.
our nyd run will indeed take place in the sm mountains. Angeles Forest and surrounds are mess and no fun with all the debris (if open)

we meet at TRE at 7:30 and take off at 8:30. We will be passing by Topanga and PCH at approx 9-ish for those of you that want a few more minutes shut eye , or coming from northern locales. This will be an extended version of our Thankgiving run with lunch at Dukes (you can park your own car)

we welcome all makes and models of cars. just bring a nice courteous and safe attitude with you

happy holidays to all and hope to have you join us

Thanks for the post.
Socalandy
OK, Where's TRE ?? Can I get an address?? confused24.gif

Thanks
campbellcj
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Dec 18 2009, 09:28 PM) *

Thanks

http://www.tremotorsports.com
914_teener
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 18 2009, 11:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Dec 18 2009, 09:28 PM) *

Thanks

http://www.tremotorsports.com

So....from TRE in Van Nuys down Topanga Canyon to PCH and then to Duke's for lunch in the Bu?

914_teener
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 10 2009, 07:47 AM) *

I'll be there.

BTW: Take the 101 to VALLEY CIRCLE, drive toward the Mountains about 1/2 mile. the Village Roaster is on the left in a strip mall that includes a McDonalds, Market, Bagel Places, etc.

Hey Jim are you going to this spot or TRE. I have to go through Pasadena on the 210 to get to TRE. How is the traffic that early in the morning through there with all the parade crap. Anybody know?

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 27 2009, 10:46 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 10 2009, 07:47 AM) *

I'll be there.

Hey Jim are you going to this spot or TRE. I have to go through Pasadena on the 210 to get to TRE. How is the traffic that early in the morning through there with all the parade crap. Anybody know?

No traffic issues in past years. They moved the meeting place to Gelsons Market off the Topanga exit ( see NARP posting for address ). Probably going to meet up a Gelsons--there's a great bakery there.
gary g

Thanks, Jim
here is a copy of my NARP post

An accuaintance owns a bakery at /Gelson's market in calabasas,22277 mulholland hwy,
He indicated they would be HAPPY for us to meett up for the "hangover run"
it is just up the road from VCR.

Get off the 101 at topanga blvd, turn left from south, turn right from north-rt turn on mulholland drive, then left att mulholland hwy. ceenter is on the right.
Gary driving.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(gary g @ Dec 27 2009, 12:26 PM) *

Thanks, Jim
here is a copy of my NARP post

An accuaintance owns a bakery at /Gelson's market in calabasas,22277 mulholland hwy,
He indicated they would be HAPPY for us to meett up for the "hangover run"
it is just up the road from VCR.

Get off the 101 at topanga blvd, turn left from south, turn right from north-rt turn on mulholland drive, then left att mulholland hwy. ceenter is on the right.
Gary driving.gif

Ok thanks Gary..... what time? 6:30 ouch.... or ? drunk.gif
FAT DANNY
Hey guys, are most of the 914s decent? I wouldn't wanna be "that dude." My sails and bumper are torn, as well as some interior pieces.
ahdoman
Fat Danny - There is never "that dude". We're all "that dude" or we have been "that dude".
campbellcj
LOL, ain't that the truth. I have done fun runs and track events with different color body panels, missing interior stuff, etc. In fact I will be again! As long as your mechanicals are sound and your attitude is positive, that's all you really need.
2-OH!
I'm not real smart so stay with me...Ok, lemme' see if I got this...

We started out with a meet at the VCR but that got poo-poo'ed due to politics at the shopping center...So you changed it to Gelsons at what time ???...

Meantime TRE is now running the project and we're meeting at their place...

Or do we have two separte projects here ??? If so, to me anyway, the fun of these type programs is relative to "the more the merrier" factor...Why don't we put them all together and have one run with 10 cars instead of 2 runs with 5...

Just thinkin' outloud...Maybe too loud, Huh !!!

2-OH!

914_teener
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Dec 28 2009, 12:04 PM) *

I'm not real smart so stay with me...Ok, lemme' see if I got this...

We started out with a meet at the VCR but that got poo-poo'ed due to politics at the shopping center...So you changed it to Gelsons at what time ???...

Meantime TRE is now running the project and we're meeting at their place...

Or do we have two separte projects here ??? If so, to me anyway, the fun of these type programs is relative to "the more the merrier" factor...Why don't we put them all together and have one run with 10 cars instead of 2 runs with 5...

Just thinkin' outloud...Maybe too loud, Huh !!!

2-OH!

Think we were gonna meet at Gelson's time 7:30 AM ? and catch up with the ass drag/TRE crowd when the pack passed? There is a thread on the NARP board.

As long as there are less than 13 cars or more than 13 cars....I'm okay luck wise!

Disclaimer for the West side of LA: I am not neccesarily organizing this ... just want to drive my car with some of my fellow car enthusiasts on the public right of way! stirthepot.gif
gary g

OH-Rick,
you're such pain in the a**
914's at gelsons---A** draggers at TRE
meet up somewhere in the middle
914's are always welcome at "Coral Beach Cantina"
a little So of zuma beach

Gary driving.gif
2-OH!
Yep, I am...Thank you very much for finally recognizing my best quality!!! A Royal Pain in the Rick...

OK, I'm there...Meet ya at Gelsons at 07:30...

2-OH!
BMITCHELL
Bump for those sitting on the fence.
Weather is supposed to be great tommorow.
silver74insocal
hi guys... i have a case of CDS tomorrow . emergency on call tech this week. but i hope to make the pasadena thing with a little luck and a lot of work. take lots of pics and post em please!! keeps me motivated to get my teener on the road. Hope you guys have fun and happy new year to yall!! beerchug.gif
BMITCHELL
This Sucks! I got about 2 miles from the house this morning and everything was fine. Pull away from a stop light and hear a clunk and then check my gages. gage reads 10 volts. Pull over and find my alternator bracket busted and the belt flopping. mad.gif
Have a great run!
campbellcj
That bites! Could be worse though - BTDT - once I was on a run at the back side of Ortega Highway when a clutch part broke and jammed the clutch on my old 911. This was about 120 miles from home, and on a Sunday of course so nobody was open. The tow home was like $300. Since then I have AAA Premium level...

I'm heading to the Topanga meeting point now.
BMITCHELL
Hey Chris. I jumped in my truck and went to Gelson's. Hooked up with Andy and a couple of other teeners. Andy offered me a seat in his ride and off we went. We ended up at Duke's around 11 am. Tommorow I'm going to get a bracket from somewhere to get back on the road.
Hope you had a good drive.
BMITCHELL
Click to view attachmentgrandstand up the road from the rock store.
Socalandy
Great to see everyone and another great Hangover run. glad you showed up so you could come along Bob thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

campbellcj
Here's a pic of the famous (infamous?) Mulholland "King of the Hill" 911.

IPB Image
silver74insocal
wish i could have come!!Andy your car looks quite a bit lower then the other teeners(not to mention fuckin sweet) what suspension mods you got goin on there? not trying to hijack sorry
Socalandy
Just dialed it down in front. stock 140lbs springs and Bilstein Adjustable yellow sport shocks, Watch the speed bumps driving.gif

Thanks
Lou W
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 1 2010, 11:54 PM) *

Here's a pic of the famous (infamous?) Mulholland "King of the Hill" 911.

IPB Image

That is sooo cool, read all about it in Excellance driving.gif
Mike D.
chowtime.gif
Here's a couple of pics from the 914 group at the Cantina...

Click to view attachment

OH YEAH! It was just me! WTF.gif

Click to view attachment

That's OK, I had a Cadillac & some huevos rancheros anyway smile.gif
Socalandy
We went to Dukes this year but did stop there to see sif anyone was there. We were it and went down the road to Dukes.

Sorry we missed you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.