Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I be DISAPPOINTED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
steveherman
OK.
I am REALLY DISAPPOINTED on the verge of being quite upset.
I had placed quite a few phone calls and spent some time on this group buy.
I needed 10 people for the plaid seat material.
I got 9 committed and i figured i would buy the last 2 yards to get it done.
I have asked to be notified of intent to back out or when payment is sent.
This was 20 days ago.
I have received 2 payments and 1 notification of drop out.

NO WORD FROM ANYONE ONE ELSE!!!

Why do you commit to something and not follow thru?
and if you cant or dont want to follow thru why dont you just say so?

ugh!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(steveherman @ Dec 9 2009, 10:13 AM) *

Should I be DISAPPOINTED?

Yes ...
Gint
That's a shame. And I don't blame you for being disappointed. But it is an inherent issue with group buys. Always has been.
steveherman
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 9 2009, 01:19 PM) *

That's a shame. And I don't blame you for being disappointed. But it is an inherent issue with group buys. Always has been.

AND it is a DAMN FINE (rare) PRODUCT.
I got 20% off the price
dr914@autoatlanta.com
If you have not purchased yet, we have plenty in stock so you will not have to suffer.

QUOTE(steveherman @ Dec 9 2009, 11:13 AM) *

OK.
I am REALLY DISAPPOINTED on the verge of being quite upset.
I had placed quite a few phone calls and spent some time on this group buy.
I needed 10 people for the plaid seat material.
I got 9 committed and i figured i would buy the last 2 yards to get it done.
I have asked to be notified of intent to back out or when payment is sent.
This was 20 days ago.
I have received 2 payments and 1 notification of drop out.

NO WORD FROM ANYONE ONE ELSE!!!

Why do you commit to something and not follow thru?
and if you cant or dont want to follow thru why dont you just say so?

ugh!!!

McMark
Um, I think you've pretty much undermined his considerable effort, George. I'm getting really sick of the 'Buy from us' posts. Somehow every other vendor on the site is able to refrain from shameless self promotion. Maybe you need to step up to the level of everyone else. You haven't even so much as ordered a banner ad.

NECESSARY DISCLAIMER
This comment was not discussed by the admin team and does not reflect the opinions of any other member of the site. This comment only pertains to McMark.
turboman808
20% off and hours upon hours of your time. Sounds like a deal to me. headbang.gif
Ferg
that sucks, sorry to hear.

Hey Dr. How about not making every post a sales pitch, just a thought.

edit: Mark beat me to it... shades.gif
johnnie5
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 9 2009, 10:44 AM) *

This comment was not discussed by the admin team and does not reflect the opinions of any other member of the site.

Um, yes it does... +2
rick 918-S
I'm stepping up to admit I'm guilty as hell dry.gif I'm one of the failures. I don't write checks. I don't even know where the check book is. Pay Pal is my friend. I have several other lame excuses all of which will not justify my actions. I'm a complete failure at this group buy.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
seriously my intent was good maybe I misread but thought steve wanted some fabric for his car and everyone punted so he could not get it at a good price. I was offering to make it up to him by getting him some of the material so he would not have to suffer from the lack of participation.
Banner ad in January.
Mark Henry
Man you're slow, I learned that group buys are a PITA several years ago. BTDT

If you need 10 peeps you have to get 20 guys to say "I'm in" because when it comes time to shit or get off the pot you know half will bail.
steveherman
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 9 2009, 04:37 PM) *

If you need 10 peeps you have to get 20 guys to say "I'm in" because when it comes time to shit or get off the pot you know half will bail.

I am slow?
NO!
I am a newbie.
Lesson learned though.
SLITS
QUOTE(steveherman @ Dec 9 2009, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 9 2009, 04:37 PM) *

I am slow?
NO!
I am a newbie.
Lesson learned though.

Hopefully it was not a real painful lesson and I hope you had no money out other than your time and phone calls.
bandjoey
I ogled over the material but didn't order because I can't spend the money now. Let's try again in the spring but. Get deposits. I also havnt written a check in years and paypal is my buddy. It'll get at least 25% more responses than a 'send money to' thread. agree.gif
SGB
I like paypal b/c the wife keeps the checkbook...

They may not be weasels- I know Rick isn't smile.gif but there will always be 30% failure. I wish it had worked better for ya, and probably will come together eventually. I hoped it worked so that then you might do one for the blue/black/white/gray pattern I have...
elmonte
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 9 2009, 10:44 AM) *

Um, I think you've pretty much undermined his considerable effort, George. I'm getting really sick of the 'Buy from us' posts. Somehow every other vendor on the site is able to refrain from shameless self promotion. Maybe you need to step up to the level of everyone else. You haven't even so much as ordered a banner ad.

NECESSARY DISCLAIMER
This comment was not discussed by the admin team and does not reflect the opinions of any other member of the site. This comment only pertains to McMark.

smilie_pokal.gif
r_towle
If this is your first ever group buy I can understand your reaction.
This always happens in group buys....nature of the beast.

We are not alone on the 914 universe...it happens in lots of places.

If you decide to be the manager of a group buy, be prepared for this.
A few phone calls to get a price and find that material gave you a great education.
The fact that you need at least double the people to buy in is pretty normal.

Dont loose faith, just learn and move on like the rest of us that no longer do group buys...

Rich
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 9 2009, 01:37 PM) *

Exactly. I organized a group buy last year, and I didn't pull the trigger until I had over 200% "firm" commitment. I ended up with a 40% failure rate.
steveherman
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Dec 9 2009, 08:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 9 2009, 01:37 PM) *

Exactly. I organized a group buy last year, and I didn't pull the trigger until I had over 200% "firm" commitment. I ended up with a 40% failure rate.

like i said now i know.

i really thought this would be a big deal.
i mean the tartan is beautiful and it was a great deal.
i was excited when i found it.
info on this stuff was hard to come by so when i found the actual company that made it OMG!!!

never again
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SGB @ Dec 9 2009, 03:31 PM) *

They may not be weasels- I know Rick isn't smile.gif but there will always be 30% failure. I wish it had worked better for ya, and probably will come together eventually. I hoped it worked so that then you might do one for the blue/black/white/gray pattern I have...

Thanks buddy smile.gif but I really blew it here. I don't do checks well.. I have to ask the wife for a check. She just paid a bunch of tuition for two kids and a masters program. when she does that it get the look. dry.gif you guys who are married know what I mean by the look. So, just said more than I wanted to here. Now you all know I'm a wuss. Yes dear...I'll go back to my office and make more money for you..

Are you still collecting money? or are you done with the whole idea? Cuss I can still get the check. Pay pal is better, just collect add the fees.
steveherman
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 9 2009, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(SGB @ Dec 9 2009, 03:31 PM) *

Thanks buddy smile.gif but I really blew it here. I don't do checks well.. I have to ask the wife for a check. She just paid a bunch of tuition for two kids and a masters program. when she does that it get the look. dry.gif you guys who are married know what I mean by the look. So, just said more than I wanted to here. Now you all know I'm a wuss. Yes dear...I'll go back to my office and make more money for you..

Are you still collecting money? or are you done with the whole idea? Cuss I can still get the check. Pay pal is better, just collect add the fees.

no need
there is not enuff people to get a discount.
ME733
popcorn[1].gif ...I did NOT PLACE AN ORDER in the group buy ....and this is because, the manufacturer will cut and provide the correct dimensions to ensure the length and width will work/fit the 914 seats.......and when I went on the hunt for proper material, reproduction, of o.e.m about a year ago ...I discovered AUTOMOBLE ATLANTA had already put in a major order and the mfg. was wating for more orders, and or timing as their looms have to be specially set up for the runs.... this group buy deal was going to save the group 20%?...with all the uncertaines, extra shipping and NOT being able to have the mfg. responsible ultimately if their was a problem just made no sense to me. I guess another factor is that we support a business ..A A who was the Ineatiator of the remake of 914 seat upolstry colors in the first place. saving a miserable 20%, and be in leftout field if there,s a problem is just stupid . I suggest we try and support those specialty business which supply and support our cars that are now 38 years old +/_. a small amount of loyalty to the businesses that we need seems appropiate..... popcorn[1].gif
type11969
What is up with the popcorn eating smileys and all the ellipses?

Oh and the my shit don't stink attitude?

popcorn[1].gif If you don't have something nice to say . . . popcorn[1].gif

Sorry that group buy didn't work out, that sucks!

-Chris
steveherman
QUOTE(ME733 @ Dec 9 2009, 10:54 PM) *

:A A who was the Ineatiator of the remake of 914 seat upolstry colors in the first place.

INCORRECT
MoveQik
QUOTE(ME733 @ Dec 9 2009, 08:54 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif ...I did NOT PLACE AN ORDER in the group buy ....and this is because, the manufacturer will cut and provide the correct dimensions to ensure the length and width will work/fit the 914 seats.......and when I went on the hunt for proper material, reproduction, of o.e.m about a year ago ...I discovered AUTOMOBLE ATLANTA had already put in a major order and the mfg. was wating for more orders, and or timing as their looms have to be specially set up for the runs.... this group buy deal was going to save the group 20%?...with all the uncertaines, extra shipping and NOT being able to have the mfg. responsible ultimately if their was a problem just made no sense to me. I guess another factor is that we support a business ..A A who was the Ineatiator of the remake of 914 seat upolstry colors in the first place. saving a miserable 20%, and be in leftout field if there,s a problem is just stupid . I suggest we try and support those specialty business which supply and support our cars that are now 38 years old +/_. a small amount of loyalty to the businesses that we need seems appropiate..... popcorn[1].gif

If you didn't place an order and had nothing to do with this, then why show up and slam someone that was trying to help everyone? Also, this may come as a surprise to you but a lot of us would rather go without before buying from AA.
SLITS
sad.gif Damn .... this thread went south fast.

And Wills is correct!
ME733
QUOTE(steveherman @ Dec 9 2009, 11:33 PM) *

:A A who was the Ineatiator of the remake of 914 seat upolstry colors in the first place.

INCORRECT

If the manufacturer can be believed ....I AM CORRECT ... and you are not.
Scott S
lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif w00t.gif

barf.gif

yellowsleep[1].gif
steveherman
QUOTE(ME733 @ Dec 9 2009, 11:48 PM) *

QUOTE(steveherman @ Dec 9 2009, 11:33 PM) *

INCORRECT

If the manufacturer can be believed ....I AM CORRECT ... and you are not.

you are incorrect.
maybe you should call them back, ask for Doug. have him tell you the whole story.
it was actually initiated by the owner of another 914 shop just down the road from the manufacturer.
this owner spent the better part of a day at the manufacturers place working out the details.
But it is ok that you are wrong cuz it makes no difference and has nothing to do with what i started this thread for.

but it did show what an a$$hole you are.
all good.
swood
where's the Douchebag smiley driving-girl.gif

bs.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 9 2009, 09:36 PM) *

And Wills is correct!

You had me at "hello" wub.gif
TravisNeff
Handsome & Hostile strikes again.... laugh.gif
Gint
IPB Image
Ferg
Just to sum up...

No group buy sad.gif
AA Status unchanged laugh.gif
Wills is still Handsome laugh.gif
Steve the OP sounds like a cool dude, gonna need him at a event soon beerchug.gif
Gint does not like Mushroom head people bye1.gif

Carry on shades.gif
steveherman
QUOTE(Ferg @ Dec 10 2009, 10:22 AM) *

Just to sum up...
Steve the OP sounds like a cool dude, gonna need him at a event soon beerchug.gif

agree.gif and you are correct agree.gif
charliew
I'm sorry that there was such a waste of time and expenses. If I had wanted that material and knew it was going to be a savings and that the material would be the best available, writing a check would have been a pleasure because shopping from a computer is the easiest cheapest way I can get hard to find 914 parts. I like pp but some people don't and I can understand why as they have never really helped in my disputes, all the seller has to do is withdraw his funds after he gets them and the games over. I wasted 240.00 on a guy in canada on two 915 shifters and linkage parts. There is a chance customs screwed the deal up but still I never got the parts. Even when you get a refund pp gets some of that. So you still loose some money. Annnnnyway I buy from George because he tries to sell a good product but he really doesn't put the product in the box or try it out for fit before he sends it out and you really can't say any of the really big places use all of their products. I am definately glad he is in business as long as I'm in the 914 hobby. Even if he dissapoints me, the next time I need something, I will still see what he's got and how much it is and try to research it before I order it. I'm betting he is constantly trying to improve. Hell I've bought colt pistols only to find out the workmanship is better on a ruger vaquero so it's up to us to keep the vendors straight. Just like Judicial Watch tries to keep all politicians honest. You think venders are hard to keep straight? try keeping a lawyer straight.

Sorry for the rant.

Charlie
Eric_Shea
saving a miserable 20%, and be in leftout field if there,s a problem is just stupid

"Spending 20-40% more to be in leftout field if there's a problem is even morer stupider..." huh.gif

BTDT and so have many others here who know "exactly" what I'm talking about.

Back on target - Yes. You should be disappointed. You put together an honest buy and got hosed for your hard work. sad.gif
charliew
If it's not too late maybe you just need to advertise a little further out in the web. I know this is the most popular site. A thought just occured, I wonder if that is the same pattern used in the camaros?
McMark
QUOTE(Ferg @ Dec 10 2009, 07:22 AM) *

lol-2.gif
6freak
"stupider..." huh.gif

Is that even a word Mr Shea ..lmao

This is why i dont do group buys..sometime you have to back out ....but for FUCKSAKE CALL THE POOR MAN AND TELL HIM DONT JUST LEAVE HIM HANGING slap.gif ....JMO
SLITS
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Dec 9 2009, 10:28 PM) *

I never knew Wills to be hostile. biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 10 2009, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Dec 9 2009, 10:28 PM) *

I never knew Wills to be hostile. biggrin.gif

So you think he's handsome then? poke.gif
Gint
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 10 2009, 12:08 PM) *
lol-2.gif

Andy get props for that. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 10 2009, 02:34 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 10 2009, 12:08 PM) *
lol-2.gif

Andy get props for that. smile.gif

I thought that head look familiar! biggrin.gif
SLITS
Gint should look in the mirror. poke.gif
Gint
Shootin yer mouth off again Schlits? poke.gifpoke.gif
bandjoey
Love, Love, Love icon12.gif
Love, Love, Love icon12.gif Love, Love, Love icon12.gif
Love, Love, Love icon12.gif Love, Love, Love icon12.gif
Love, Love, Love icon12.gif Love, Love, Love icon12.gif Love, Love, Love icon12.gif
Thanks for trying. Sorry, I couldn't get into the buy..money tight for now.
SLITS
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 10 2009, 02:46 PM) *

Shootin yer mouth off again Schlits? poke.gifpoke.gif

And I'm damn good at it too! hissyfit.gif

And that's Shitz to you. The war is on ... two beers at 5 paces!!
Gint
av-943.gif I accept your challenge! drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.