Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: possible le?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grouperalley
fyi on e bay VIN # 4742915039, mahle wheels. is this an LE?
ws91420
Definitely looks like one but I don't know about the blue interior.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHITE-W-BLU...=item4a9cf13b3d
flipb
VIN seems to be right in the range on Bowlsby's site.
SirAndy
The Ad says "Special Edition".
It's white with red stripes and rockers and has mahle wheels. It's a '74 and the VIN falls within the known range of LE's.

I think the chances are pretty good this is a creamsicle ...
shades.gif Andy
flipb
Someone should buy it and turn it into an ice cream truck. It can be the first creamsicle-dispensing creamsicle.

IPB Image
hot_shoe914
And it even has air, how nice.
Sleepin
If only I was looking for a project car!
bandjoey
Snyder. Right in the heart of West Texas. Any members out there that might give it a once over? Not for me but it might help someone make the decision to bid and save another one. type.gif
Michael N
Possible original factory valance. idea.gif Don't see many 914 with the raised white letterings on the tires. I wonder how long it has been off the road.

A picture so this thread makes sense if anyone ever digs it back up.

Click to view attachment

Sleepin
Looks like it was pinstriped as well! biggrin.gif
SLITS
Wow, it's in the middle of BF Tejas.

"Miles from Nowhere"
EdwardBlume
That car could get someone in deep for sure! very_first_smiley[1].gif or be a real LE... yikes.gif
flipb
I keep looking at the pics in the ad. Have to say, I am loving the combination of the LE valances with white-letter tires.

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(flipb @ Dec 11 2009, 06:14 AM) *

I keep looking at the pics in the ad. Have to say, I am loving the combination of the LE valances with white-letter tires.

agree.gif

with one caveat: it has to be a cool tire name in white letters like "Dunlap" vs "Rallye GTX"
Johny Blackstain
I don't know, maybe I'm too old but does that interior look blue? Have you ever seen a 914 w/ a blue interior, anywhere?
blink.gif
type47
I bet the pix makes it look blue, that and the age of the interior. I don't think anyone that long ago (based on the pic) would intentionally convert a car to look like an LE; if anything, they would convert from LE to "normal" trim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.