Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '71 signal orange car *VERY CLEAN*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
number6
Hi everyone. I have for sale a very clean car, with only ~106,000 miles. Some parts have been pulled (more on this below) and will need to be replaced to be road-going again. All pretty simple stuff. This would be a great deal for someone with a parts/donor vehicle (and who among us doesn't have at least one of those, right? wink.gif ). Or maybe your project is stalled, on jackstands...this would get you on the road, in style, fast and easy.

1971 1.7
Super clean!
Clean & clear title
$3,400 with side-shift conversion pieces, including transmission!
$2,800 w/o the side-shift goodies and minus seats/backpad/door panels

Please look over the info/pix below and CALL me with any questions: 971-506-2500.

Car is in great shape, with good paint that only needs minor attention.

Motor is tight and strong...and SO CLEAN you can eat off of it!

Transmission is in great shape as well.

And it's rigged to tow a light trailer - kewl!

I bought the car at the end of '08 from a local enthusiast who had bought it off eBay the year before. The eBay listing archive (with all the info that I know, as I don't have receipts) is here:

http://marketquery.com/1971_914_1.7.pdf
number6
This is what the car looked like when I got it. Hey, don't laugh at the spoiler and sweet, custom interior - this was a show winner, you know! Haha.
Gint
Duc, you need a 12 step program!
number6
As you can see, the car looks good (beneath the tacky cosmetic stuff)! No rust that I can see anywhere except the rear trunk, as shown. The DAPO painted the front and rear trunks black, and didn't do a stellar job on several touch-up spots...but those are easily addressable (if you even want to!).
number6
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 10 2009, 05:17 PM) *

Duc, you need a 12 step program!

Amen to that! smile.gif

I'm asking for help here and now. PLEASE HELP SAVE ME FROM MYSELF! You'll see why below...
number6
So this was my bright idea: I wanted to build the car out to be JUST LIKE my 1:43-scale Minichamps model, shown here. Houndstooth seat inserts, correct early chrome bumpers, Euro lenses, wheels, etc etc. See, I need help! smile.gif

But wouldn't that be cool?!
number6
The engine compartment & towing hitch...
number6
This is how the car sits NOW. Windshield has been removed, too, in preparation for replacing the dash (which is badly cracked). Speaking of windshield, it is a new replacement, so it's clean, clear, and free of pitting. I swapped the wheels and tires w/ another local 914 person - tires that are on car now are new, with just a few hundred miles on them.

As you can see, bumpers, rockers, spoiler, lenses, and other items that don't go toward matching the Minichamps build have been pulled (and long sold).

The car will need an exhaust system, as it came with a dual, quad-tip system that is not as the Minichamps car (this exhaust is the one heading to Buttercup smile.gif ). Additionally, the previous owner (the one who showed the car), ruined a perfectly good pair of SSI heat exchangers by drilling carefully-spaced holes all over the heat clams, for looks! I suppose with the spoiler, it shouldn't come as a surprise!

The main thing that I would address is the floorpans. The same DAPO opted to replace the orignals with a flat sheet of metal. Perhaps he was repairing rust (though the car doesn't show any sign of rust elsewhere except the rear trunk)...or perhaps he was, once again, modding the car for "show." I can't say. And I suppose the new owner really wouldn't need to replace the floors with proper pans from Restoration Design...but I think that should be done. It's only $290:

http://www.restoration-design.com/Merchant...tegory_Code=914
number6
With 2 other projects ahead of this one, I don't see myself getting to this for some time. And it doesn't make sense for me to continue paying $75/mo storage for it. Plus, it's a shame for a great-driving car to be put out of commission like this!

This is what the car needs:

Bumpers/bumper pads
Rockers
Valance pans
Heat exchangers/headers
Exhaust
Lenses
Dash pad (or cap)
Steering wheel
Carpet
Battery

The windshield re-installed (I can do that, but you may not want me to, especially if you plan to replace the dash, instead of simply capping it).

The interior re-installed. Car will come with a correct, clean (untorn!) interior, not the "custom" one as I bought it.

(Optional) Floorpans, if you so opt to do so.

(Optional) Minor paint attention (fixing poorly-touched-up spots; rear panel where reflector was mounted; front hood where crest has been removed).

If you have a donor/parts car, this would be cake. Even buying the needed parts wouldn't be expensive, unless you go all-out, with SSIs, fresh chrome bumpers, new bumper pads, etc. This is what I would do, which is why I'm selling the car, so I don't go nut$, especially on a car I probably won't even drive, since I have my /6 and several others. This is what I mean about saving me from myself - I just can't do things half way. As cool as a Minichamps build would be, I don't think it's the $mart thing to do given the current market.

So there you have it. Please call me with any questions. 971-506-2500.

-duc
number6
Also, I have a very good side-shift transmission + all the pieces needed to convert the car, if the buyer is interested.

And PayPal accepted, if buyer covers the fee smile.gif
number6

icon_bump.gif
number6
icon_bump.gif
wayne1234
Man I wish you were closeer, last time I checked into shipping a tub it was over $1,000 here is agood price bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.