Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parts for tix?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
tat2dphreak
Jeff asked

"Can I donate the value of a new or repaired FI/Ignition harness in exchange for raffle tickets?"

I wanted to check with you guys, I would be inclined to do it for jeff, but it's a slippery slope... I think he's referring to the harness he gave Mary, if we do that, wouldn't we need to do it with everyone who was generous to mary's quest for parts?

I don't the people that donated parts, including myself, expect anything in return, even raffle tickets. the other thing is how we would have to discern how many raffle tickets a person should get for their parts donation...

because this would, in my opinion have to be applied to everyone who donated parts, I think it would be too much of an undertaking.. but if you guys think it's fair to repay the kindness of parts with raffle tickets, I will help in any way to help breakdown who gave what, and what a fair raffle-ticket trade-in would be.

thoughts?

Kansas 914
Wayne,

I agree with you - "slippery slope"

I think Jeff sent Mary an alternator harness round one and knew an FI harness was on the list. I don't know if Dwayne the engine guy needs one - so Jeff's offer was legit but it could open the door for people donating parts (junk) or items not needed and reduces the "gift" of previous parts donated.

Can some one delicately talk to Jeff? There is a difference in that Jeff does sell these and has an established price but still could hurt some feelings for those previous gifters.

I am at the airport traveing home today (typing on my Blackberry excuse typos) but can be available tonight after 6PM or all weekend.

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Dec 11 2009, 09:28 AM) *

Jeff asked

"Can I donate the value of a new or repaired FI/Ignition harness in exchange for raffle tickets?"

I wanted to check with you guys, I would be inclined to do it for jeff, but it's a slippery slope... I think he's referring to the harness he gave Mary, if we do that, wouldn't we need to do it with everyone who was generous to mary's quest for parts?

I don't the people that donated parts, including myself, expect anything in return, even raffle tickets. the other thing is how we would have to discern how many raffle tickets a person should get for their parts donation...

because this would, in my opinion have to be applied to everyone who donated parts, I think it would be too much of an undertaking.. but if you guys think it's fair to repay the kindness of parts with raffle tickets, I will help in any way to help breakdown who gave what, and what a fair raffle-ticket trade-in would be.

thoughts?
tat2dphreak
ok that's slightly different in that it's the promise of a future product, not a past one. but I still think it might open the door.

mike, rob, rick... what is your opinion?
Dr Evil
My initial response is no because we need money. But, I do not know what we need money for. If we needed some of the cash to purchase a new harness then I see it as being equal, but if we were not originally going to spend some of the cash on a harness it makes no sense for us to me mandated to do so via donation. Clear as mud? I can talk to Jeff once a consensus is reached.
tat2dphreak
good point, but I didn't think the $ was slated for parts, on Mary's request.although I tend to agree, on that side...

if the $ was going to come out of the kitty for that part later, then it's a wash. but if that were to be the case, we need a list of those parts, and if someone was to donate those new parts, the amount of tickets credit they would get... again, it starts to get slippery.

really tho, this Transmission is your baby, you donated your parts and time to it, you really have a final say in the matter.
Dr Evil
What is the money for? Air fare? Food? Lodging? All I know is that I asked Rob and he said we needed $1500 and I figured this was a quick and easy way. I'll contact Jeff and start talks.
Dr Evil
McMark made the banner. I thanked him smile.gif
Dr Evil
I talked to him. Its all good. He was just seeing if we needed anything. smile.gif
rick 918-S
Sorry I'm missing so much here but my job is out of control. I has a serious issue with a 3 mil claim that had some knuckle headed contractor calling me out on my coverage decision trying to gain brownie points with the insurance company.

My analysis was correct and the loss is covered.

Score 1 for Rick 0 for the dickhead contractor.

I will be more attentive next week.

ejm
I think Jeff sent Mary an alternator harness round one and knew an FI harness was on the list I don't know if Dwayne the engine guy needs one

Dwayne had mentioned in past conversation that there was a new alt harness. I talked to him monday and he had not yet closely inspected the FI harness. He said the engine was close to done and that he may bring it over to Mary's the end of this week.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 16 2009, 05:34 AM) *

Dwayne had mentioned in past conversation that there was a new alt harness. I talked to him monday and he had not yet closely inspected the FI harness. He said the engine was close to done and that he may bring it over to Mary's the end of this week.

I sent the TB to AF boot to Mary this week - it should be there tomorrow. She was going to make Dwayne aware it was enroute.

Rick - did Mary respond to the TB gasket shipping question?
Dr Evil
I can rebuild the FI harness so long as I have all the connectors. The boots will be another story.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 16 2009, 06:15 AM) *

QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 16 2009, 05:34 AM) *

I sent the TB to AF boot to Mary this week - it should be there tomorrow. She was going to make Dwayne aware it was enroute.

Rick - did Mary respond to the TB gasket shipping question?

Not yet. I wonder if I should just send it to her address with a note to give it to Dwayne.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 16 2009, 11:34 AM) *

Not yet. I wonder if I should just send it to her address with a note to give it to Dwayne.

I think that would be best - then we know it is on the way - Dwayne can bolt down the TB when he delivers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.