Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTF? 914 based "917 EV laser kit"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
barf.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item3ca853c528

Electric Car Porsche 917 EV laser kit car Lamb

This is a Classic Rare Vintage 1970 Collector Porsche 917 EV laser kit car That has been skillfully converted to 100% electric The car is powered by deep-cycle 12-volt batteries for a total of 48 volts. batteries and YOU CAN ADD 8 more in the engine compartment. Shifts as it should through all gears and looks bad. The interior is also in excellent condition. The lead acid batteries are NEW. Tires are good but not great. Sale includes charger which recharges the batteries overnight from normal household 110V AC. Charge takes 4 - 12 hours depending on how discharged the batteries are DON’T LET THIS ONE PASS YOU BY!!!!! it is on ebay THIS CAR DRIVES WELL! Body is straight. NO dents, a couple of dings . If you are not sure about something, Please CALL ME TOM 714 231 3359 This is one of the best deals on the classic market, and certainly the most affordable EV. These cars have actually been appreciating nicely, and you would be hard pressed to lose a dime on this car. winning bidder is responsible for all transportation, but I will meet you within a reasonable distance if necessary feel free to contact me with any questions on my EV or your EV my cel # is 714 231 3359 or emal a private viewing can possiblely be arranged by appointment. Inspections and PPI’s are welcome and recommended Porsche 917 EV is 100% original, with the exception of 8 - 10 drilled holes for mounting equipment

PS!!!!! New plexiglass windows not ready to install, please read all and call my. I will update the photos when I have installed car will be complete by 12/23/09

go look at the 917s page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2915636

http://www.laser917.net/news.php

DON’T LET THIS ONE
PASS YOU BY!!!!!

If you are not sure about something, Please CALL ME TOM 714 231 3359

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
number6
c'mon, andy, think of the potential!
JmuRiz
I thought those things were VW Bug-based.
Dr Evil
Shhhh, if you listen real close you can hear it......"kill me, I should not be"
tod914
Death Race 2000 candidate
URY914
Click to view attachment
Cevan
QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 11 2009, 05:40 PM) *

Death Race 2000 candidate

Sly Stallone's best movie.

Are those Z28 rims?
dlo914
These two cars had a kid and made that.
IPB Image
+
IPB Image

EdwardBlume
Leif Garrett called, he wants his futuristic car back... lol-2.gif
rjames
Click to view attachment
balljoint
Why are you guys being so mean? I think it is great. But the next time I let Robin use it on a Friday night he'd better not leave foot prints on the dash and his Rick Astley cd in the cd player again.

-Batman
McMark
Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na ........ BATMAN!
Ferg
Don't forget this one in Herbie goes to Monte Carlo biggrin.gif
shoguneagle
Now, wait a minute!!! We all have the "914 Sickness"!!! This would be an example of the worst case of "incurable sickness" that we can have. I knda like it!! I would only hope to build it on a 914 platfform and power everything with 914-4 or 911-6. I think it could be made to look very good.

This is my opinion and afterall I am totally sick with the "incurable sickness - 914 Porsche". Help me!!!

Actually, I kinda like it if you are looking at the aerodynamics of the body. I wonder how close it comes to the 917 other than length. Something gto ponder!!
\
Steve Hurt
Mark Henry
It's like this comes up every couple of weeks....

I still know where the molds are biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Hello, my name is Joe and I have 914's.
VaccaRabite
I still think they are kinda cool.

Zach
balljoint
Ha! McMark I owe you a burger. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Dec 11 2009, 05:57 PM) *

Hello, my name is Joe and I have 914's.

Hi Joe!
Elliot Cannon
The sad part (for me at least) is, someone had to put a lot of time, effort and money into developing this body. It's just too bad it couldn't have been a more tasteful design. I wonder how many were actually built and sold?
carr914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 11 2009, 08:51 PM) *

It's like this comes up every couple of weeks....

I still know where the molds are biggrin.gif

Good, Go Torch the place so no more of these hideous things will ever be made again. blowup.gif

T.C.
GeorgeRud
I always loved the 917, but these Lazer kitcars looked like someone had melted it down till it bent in the middle.

With better lines, it could have been decent. I do like the idea of people converting cars to electric (in the midwest, that means originally coal fired) as a rather neat project.
racunniff
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 11 2009, 02:15 PM) *

barf.gif

Electric Car Porsche 917 EV laser kit car Lamb

The car is powered by deep-cycle 12-volt batteries for a total of 48 volts. batteries

48 volts! av-943.gif 120 is a minimum for a decent DC EV. For AC, you need 144 (I'm personally moving my AC conversion up to 216). Thing probably accelerates like a mile-long coal train.
FourBlades
barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
Mark Henry
Man I love the smell of bullshit in the morning biggrin.gif

Apparently your friend has never seen VW Drags...times in the low 10's.
A turbocharged Corvair can be faster than some Corvettes. My 917 has a 2 liter modified VW in it and with the extra overdrive tops out around 175. Your freind needs to understand that "Big Motor" sometimes compensates for little .........you get the idea. Porsche, Honda, Datsun, these have all been racing with 4 cylinders for years. And yes, the Laser is VERY cool.

Taken from this thread: http://www.automotiveforums.com/t84097-917...r_kit_car_.html

There was a super cool lazer or Manta, full tube frame I believe a 3.0 911 engine, I forget, but totally reworked till it was cool. Sort of like the guy who built a Lambo in his basement kind of deal. I was looking for it and is how I came across this post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.