Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 guys; need a picture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
I'm going to be installing my HE's and the engine tin I have doesn't have the holes punched for the air ducts to pass through so I need to cut them. Can somebody post a pic of what that hole location looks like from the engine compartment side? Are they the same location left and right?
Eric_Shea
I'll grab a pic of my factory tin.

Hang tight.
sixnotfour
biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Those are mine... give them back. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
The hole is 66mm or 2.6". 21.6mm from the front on the passengers side and 18.1mm on the drivers side.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 12 2009, 11:43 AM) *

The hole is 66mm or 2.6". 21.6mm from the front on the passengers side and 18.1mm on the drivers side.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

OK, look! This guy is asking for help. Could you at least be a little more precise with your answers? av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
He's a Pro-Audio geek. He's used to all that techie stuff! lol3.gif
ahdoman
Nothing like good info. Thanks Eric.

jt914-6
And what they look like on.....

Right

Click to view attachment

Left

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
If you're cutting the holes, I assume that you are not using factory tin. Unless it's a concourse car, I'd perhaps recommend cutting the holes a bit larger and using some edge banding (like found @ McMaster-Carr) to give a nice finished look and protect the heater hose from the sharp metal edges. The factory tin has a flanged hole to do the same thing, but I think the edge-banding works easier.
Mark Henry
You can pound them out of 911 tin smash.gif

IPB Image
ahdoman
Thanks for the info guys. That's really a tight bend off the blower tin and into the hole. Anybody got a pic of the tubing installed?

George - Thanks for the idea but I've got a couple of "cuffs" that I think are from a VW bus. They will set into the holes and the tubing will clamp to them above the tin and then I use a second piece clamped below the tin.
ahdoman
So before I cut holes in these side tins to install air ducting; anybody have a set of already cut ones they want to trade for?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.