Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Put new door opening and windshield frame weatherstrips in a few yrs ago on a 73. Doors never did close easily after that. Had to be slammed shut. I figured by now the rubber would have compressed into whatever shape it was going to take.
Thought I could adjust the door window frame to help.
Is all of the window / frame adjustment made with the screw at the bottom of the window post? Is there any adjustment to be made with the 2 10mm bolts below the vent window glass or are these to just hold it altogether once you have the frame adjusted to where you want it?
Which do you tighten first - top 2 or the nut at the bottom of the post?
Played with this for about 2 hrs this morning and still can't get it to where it needs to be. The door is square in the opening with even gaps front and back.
Thanks in advance for the advice.
SGB
Hmmmm...
Both sides are acting the same? Where does it bind up? I think I have messed with all the places along the bottom

look at the window frame diagrams down on this page:
http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/p...e_914_parts.php
detoxcowboy
Oh your in for some fun.. there are 2 adjustments along the inner rail 10mm colst there is the adjust ment at bottom of door on the vent window chrome rai 13mm?l.. there are 2 more bottom of dooor rear side window inner rail 10mm.. there is also one on the window channel bushing in side the door itself 10mm. plus al the varios rail mounts and window mechanism mounts but those in the end do not do a whole lot but unless they are really off line. the main 3 to play with are the 13mm slide/ depth adj. at bottom of door vent rail and the 2 10mm on the inner door rail of the mechanism iteslf where the roller rolls. Also the rectangular bushing adj. inside the door hgad good effect too.....I have done this for hours and then days apart hours.. even after you get it close driving around they settle into a position.. I have good seal at the corners but there in gerneral is a slight sag to most 914's now you can see it when you open and shut the door as the door is part of the support of frame every so slight but can throw off window adjments if your really a perfectionist..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.