Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still fighting with the 1.7 D-jet.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kpfoten

--Major Edit.

AWESOME throttle response--installed a hot spark and I can get it to run really well. I think it is running rich--I hear popping but not loud backfiring. Smells rich anyway.

The problem is that it still won't hold idle unless I hit the gas pedal and keep it up around 3k rpms.

Which way do I dial the ECU to lean it out?

kpfoten

BTW, I've never driven a 914 that runs well... Looking forward to it.
Joe Owensby
The fuel pump should run for a few seconds every time you turn the switch on, if you have a factory control system. You can do this over and over without starting the engine. Other than this, the pump only runs when the engine is running. This is so that the pump would not keep running when it shouldn't. Example: if you had a wreck and the engine died, and a hose came loose. Big fire hazard. Stopping the pumps helps minimize fire hazards. Joeo
Rand
Sounds like it is way beyond the range of the ECU knob. Quick test, if you pull the vacuum hose off the MPS, does it make a difference?
kpfoten
I'll check it out! I guess I tested the MPS last week and the readings were normal. It seems to hold suction, but I didn't do a long-term test on it. I think I pulled the hose once and the idle got a little funky.

What are symptoms of a leaking CSV?
Rand
Yeah, leaky CSV would be dribbling extra fuel in making it run rich.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.