Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Racing Sim the best ever ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Does anyone have this game? I just rediscovered it and found a ton of updates that allow it to utilize Direct3D video and higher resolutions.
I purchased a new copy, still have the old one in an unpacked box somewhere, for $7.99.

Here's the link to the forum with good info!
RaceSimCentral
Rick_Eberle
This is one of the greatest racing sims of all time! I still play it now and then.

It has the complete 1967 Nurburgring, and Monza, Spa, & Silverstone before they were ruined with chicanes.

No wings, skinny tires, and wheelspin in fourth gear, if you're not careful!

Rick
seanery
If anyone is looking for an awesome sim this is it. WOW!
I just installed it on the desktop system and hooked up the Logitech Formula Force steering wheel along with the updates to this game.
It's incredible! I can't believe this is a 6 year old game. I spent the morning driving the Spa Francorchamps course in Jim Clark's Lotus 49. What a hoot! AND sometime along the way someone programed the game for force feedback.

I could probably post the disk somewhere for download, but hey, it cost me $14 including shipping for my new one, so it's cheap enough for even the cheapest bastard here. Also, it doesn't need a superfast processor. It was designed for a Pentium 90, so even if you have an older system you should be ok for this game.

I think someone updated the multiplayer part of the game too, if so, we should get some online races going! smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
OK, I just downloaded:

Willow Springs
Laguna Seca
Daytona
Riverside
Road Atlanta
Lime Rock

I'm looking for Road America.
L8Apex
www.bhmotorsports.com

is a great place for mods for racing games. I play EA F1 2002. It's very fun and realistic. How realistic? Schumacher keeps winning.
John
Those are good, but I am still partial to Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed.

You can even use a 914!
Pnambic
I remember someone posting NFS-PU for download last year. Did anyone ever get any multiplayer games organized?

MDB2.gif driving.gif
Rick_Eberle
Has anyone tried "Racer"? It's a free sim some guy in holland is working on in The Netherlands in his spare time. It takes a bit of tweaking to get it running, but it has incredible graphics, and some guy has done a '70 914/6, a 73 914 2.0, and a 916. He's working on a GT, too.

Here's the main site:
www.racer.nl

Here's where you'll find cars and tracks: Racer X-Treme.

This guy has 914's in his "download" link.

Get the latest version for windows here, then patch it with this to take you up to version 0.5.2 beta 5.2.

Here's a screeen shot from the Racer Pit Stop.

IPB Image

Like I said, it's a beta version, and takes some tweaking, but it's FREE!

Have fun,
Rick
si2t3m
I played alot with GP Legends. I found my local track (St-Jovite, Mt-Tremblant) and actually learned the track on it before ever driving it in person last year. It helped me alot to have the track layout figured out.

Search for St-jovite if you ever want to drive it. It's pretty close to the real thing.

Marc-André
Rusty
I can't seem to find my own (legally purchased) copy of NFS-PU. Can someone help me out?

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.