Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 rear bumper / valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I'm looking for a way to finish off the rear of my car. Does anyone know how far down the 916 valance drops down, looks like they drop down farther than the normal valances. I have a few things hanging down which I would like to clean up a bit . unsure.gif
scotty b

edit for stoopidity
scotty b
Scratch that you asked about the valance. Me stoopid slap.gif
burton73
I have the same needs with my car. I have the flipped 930 trans and the same mufflers that you have. The PO on the mufflers had no valance with his 8. It needs the valance for that finished look. I am running a chrome bumper and tits on the back as my car is a 74 and I love tits on my girls. I am waiting to see what you are going to do.

Bob
rolleyes.gif
GeorgeRud
I believe that Martin Schneider (MSDS) carries a rear valance that has the flared ends without any cutouts, so you can put them wherever you need them. It is the depth of the later style valances, not the lower early style. It should cover the mechanicals without being too low.

marks914
There are 2 styles out there. One that looks like a 916 fascia, and one that kind of looks like one.
Mine is the shorter kind of looks like a 916 style and does not come down very low, the other longer version should do the trick
Mark
Heres my shorter one:
IPB Image
IPB Image
jt914-6
Mine looks like the shorter one too.....

Click to view attachment
Phoenix-MN
I'm not sure if mine is a shorter or longer one but here is a pic of it. My muffler sits back a little further and I had to trim it a little to fit. This is the one that Performance Products sells. It took "a lot" of re-work to get it to fit.

Click to view attachment

Paul
marks914
Mine took a ton of reworking to fit as well. I ended up actually changing the cut lines on the car and started over. (no notch in line)
Paul,
that is the longer one, yours had more belly in the rear view before you cut it out.
Mark
drive-ability
huh.gif
I see there are maybe 2 different types, and that's good solid information. That explains why some look different in pictures. Thanks for the help and if anyone has any tips on finding one, that would great.. By the way those were some nice looking rear-ends bootyshake.gif LOL
Mike Bellis
http://www.msdsinc.com/gtvalance.html

Try this...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.