Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When was the last time you saw on of these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Went to the FLAPS to get something and guess what was parked next to me.
A 64 1500S KG in sweet condition. When was the last time you saw these two models parked side by side?

Geoff burnout.gif
krk
Man, that van is sweeeet! laugh.gif

[edit: but I should have added "But enough silliness -- that's a great pic", because
it is.]

kim.
Bleyseng
Geez Kim, talk about rainning on my parade!! Between you and Kevin........

<_<
krk
Hey, I felt that too -- hence the edit! (Dork-edit-mode happens way to easily on weekends for some reason)

It *is* a great pic, and I'm glad you posted it!

kim.
Chris H.
Geez those Type 3 Ghias are so rare! Cool! At first glance I thought it was a Corvair.
reverie
Wow, nice!.. I like that color. What kind of wheels are on it?

I go to the Vintage VW Meet almost every year (it's always the same day as the ABFM British Car Show), and the most I've seen there is 3 of those.. don't remember seeing that beauty, though.

That cell phone sure was a good purchase. smile.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 20 2004, 06:22 PM)
Geez those Type 3 Ghias are so rare! Cool! At first glance I thought it was a Corvair.

Ayup, that's cause they went from a lovely graceful
design to a butt ugly shitbox. That will kill a car quicker than you can say Edsel/Aztec.

Speaking of Aztecs. A guy at work won a years lease on one....some kinda drawing. He got a boatload of shit for bringing it to work......He'd say....hay, it's was free. General consensus was ...that's no excuse.....it was metallic OD to boot barf.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Mar 20 2004, 06:51 PM)
Speaking of Aztecs. A guy at work won a years lease on one....some kinda drawing. He got a boatload of shit for bringing it to work......He'd say....hay, it's was free. General consensus was ...that's no excuse.....it was metallic OD to boot barf.gif

I'll bet Aztek owners were glad to see the Honda Element come along. It took all the heat off them 'cuz they no longer owned the worlds ugliest cars. barf.gif
Bruce Allert
This was the last time I saw one & the 1st! So that's what a Karmen Ghia looked like in the beginning??? Looks nice from the rear.
Geoff, should'a got some frontal views. Would like to see more of it.

.........b
red914
i was under the impression that people drive those under one of the "alternative sentencing" laws that are so popular. i figured they were low risk white collar criminals, and the judge didn't want them out picking up trash.

"here," he'd say, "drive this, and may that be a lesson to ya!" spank.gif

hey, as a deterrent, it works for me! maybe they do it for too many speeding tickets... laugh.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Depending on how long they'd make me drive it, I think I'd rather do time. huh.gif
markb
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 20 2004, 06:22 PM)

Me too! & I've seen one about two weeks ago when I was out at the local VW wrecking yard. In good shape too. I do belive he thinks it's made of gold, tho.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Mar 20 2004, 09:14 PM)
This was the last time I saw one & the 1st! So that's what a Karmen Ghia looked like in the beginning??? Looks nice from the rear.
Geoff, should'a got some frontal views. Would like to see more of it.

.........b

Bruce,

No actually the Type 1 version of the Ghia was first (1955). The Type 3 Ghia came around in 1961. It was not imported to the US officially I don't think. The back is the most attractive part of it... the front is a bit scary
Chris H.
I still like 'em though... Here's a front pic off the Samba site.
Bleyseng
I kinda like them as kinda of a cross between a corvair and a 61 Belair bubbletop!

The guy across the alley brought a 61 bubbletop Impala home two weeks ago, gonna restore it with hydralics.
Did I tell you I live right on the edge of the "Hood"

Geoff
rhodyguy
i NEVER rain on your marching bands and majorettes geoff. i like those t-3 ghias. as for being gold...they fetch big money. sort of like those vw mail vans. 914 owners thinking a car is unattractive rolleyes.gif lol2.gif .

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.