Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Merry Christmas to Everyone.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
My wife... gotta love a woman who loves cars......

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

She wanted to hang a nice, chromed Fuchs lug bolt on the tree, but it was way to heavy.

If anyone has a suggestion for stuff for the "Porsche Christmas Tree" post them here. If I have one, I will add it and take a new picture.

t collins

Not complete until you have add

Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
rusty 13mm nuts?
letters from the engine grill?
Shift Rod Firewall Bushing OR
Shift Coupler Bushings...

Merry Christmas to All

Ken
sean_v8_914
oil control rings, dash knobs,
Dr Evil
Drilled super CV bolts? (shameless plug, but they do look good) wink.gif
type47
Get rid of those non-OEM fuses and replace the 7/16 wrench with a metric one, preferably 13mm, what was she thinkin'? biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Nice work! I love Fuchs!
flipb
Tree: clap56.gif

Fuchs end table: drooley.gif pray.gif
McMark
Awesome! aktion035.gif
PanelBilly
Does she come out in the garage and work on the car too? I've always wondered what it would be like to have a female partner who did more than "drive" the car.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 13 2009, 04:13 PM) *

Does she come out in the garage and work on the car too? I've always wondered what it would be like to have a female partner who did more than "drive" the car.

Yes, she does. She helps me with two person jobs on our cars all the time.

Here are more pictures of the tree after we added stuff....

Shop rag tree skirt and fake oil spot.
Click to view attachment

Jackstand and oil spot.
Click to view attachment

Floor Jack.
Click to view attachment

Window crank (Yea, we know it is broken)
Click to view attachment

Black Round Relay.
Click to view attachment

Doc.. sorry. I don't have any of your special CV bolts. Betty suggested that you get a bunch cad plated and sell them as Christmas ornaments. biggrin.gif

As for the fuses, I have a JWest fuse block in my 914/6, so they are 914 parts.

The wrenches are ones that we don't have to use to fix the real cars!! lol-2.gif

As for the table, it was a real 4 lug Fuchs rim that cracked. So we made a table out of it. IIRC, there is a thread here with a bunch of pictures on how we made it.

Pat Garvey

You know, though I appreciate people who keep the faith, ....oh hell, Merry Christmas whackos!
Dr Evil
That is so right smile.gif The 914World tree smile.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 13 2009, 09:09 PM) *

That is so right smile.gif The 914World tree smile.gif

Click to view attachment
bandjoey
You Gotta have a carb part vs FI part somewhere conflicting each other on the tree. santa_smiley.gif
Gint
And I was going to take that one off polished Fuchs I have and hang it on the garage wall. smiley_notworthy.gif Merry Christmas Clay, Betty and all of the 914world members.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 14 2009, 08:16 AM) *

And I was going to take that one off polished Fuchs I have and hang it on the garage wall. smiley_notworthy.gif Merry Christmas Clay, Betty and all of the 914world members.

If it is uncracked, I will buy it from you. I am missing one for a set of 4.

Gint
I'm not selling that one. It's the "30 hour labor of love" wheel that I polished myself, sold and ended up buying back the car that it had been installed on. I have others though if you're not in a hurry. I can look through my inventory. laugh.gif Are you going to polish? I have several 4 lug Fuchs that are in various stages of prep for polish. After I did the first wheel I decided that Al Reed was relatively cheap by comparison. Send me a PM if you want to do something.
TROJANMAN
you need to place the tree on top of a jack stand.
but then you may not be able to reach the top to put on the star........poke.gif

biggrin.gif
flipb
On first glance at the first photo in the thread, I thought the Fuchs wheel was the tree stand. Then I realized it was a cool end table. But take off the center cap, and voila! tree stand!
jt914-6
Clay & Betty...........You need to hang Ron's steering wheel somewhere!!!!!!!!! lol-2.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Dec 14 2009, 09:56 PM) *

Clay & Betty...........You need to hang Ron's steering wheel somewhere!!!!!!!!! lol-2.gif

His steering wheel is too big to hang on the tree, but if you send it to me, it will become the tree base. rolleyes.gif av-943.gif

idea.gif I have a few steering wheels laying around that would make a good tree base.

pcar916
Step away from Ron's steering wheel... beerchug.gif
underthetire
A steering wheel wreath ! That would be cool for the front door !
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(underthetire @ Dec 22 2009, 04:49 PM) *

A steering wheel wreath ! That would be cool for the front door !

aktion035.gif DUDE! I have a small steering wheel(seriously, like 10.5") at home hanging in my garage, that would work!
jt914-6
Ron's wheel displayed in Cracker Barrell.....Just need to drape it with holly.... biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Dec 22 2009, 04:43 PM) *

I can still get the steering wheel. All I have to do is distract you with Jello Shots.....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jt914-6
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 22 2009, 10:21 PM) *

QUOTE(pcar916 @ Dec 22 2009, 04:43 PM) *

I can still get the steering wheel. All I have to do is distract you with Jello Shots.....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

You go Clay....... aktion035.gif ......... beerchug.gif
bandjoey
2011 tree?
rick 918-S
beer3.gif santa_smiley.gif Very merry christmas! santa_smiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.