Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil pressure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daylight
howdy l'm working on 1.8 motor. l have a weltmeister oil relief pistons set. it has 2
pistons a big one and a small one. l have found where the big one goes but where does small one go? it's called the secondary relief valve. l have emailed performance
products that sells the kit but they cann't help! l have the motor out of 914 l have looked all round but no go? idea.gif idea.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif
McMark
Under cylinder #1. Use a 3/8" socket with extension to remove the plug (no socket on the end, just the extension).
hcdmueller
Not all of the cases have the secondary relief valve. My late 2.0 didn't. I don't know about the 1.8's
DBCooper
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 14 2009, 12:41 AM) *

Under cylinder #1. Use a 3/8" socket with extension to remove the plug (no socket on the end, just the extension).

Ah, I smiled when I read that, an old mechanic's trick. Are you an old mechanic? Or did you just not want to buy the special VW tool?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Dec 14 2009, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 14 2009, 12:41 AM) *

Are you an old mechanic? Or did you just not want to buy the special VW tool?

HA! lol-2.gif
Burgerman is a little of both. He is a young mechanic, and probably did not want to buy the special tool.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.