Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should we end the trans auction?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
rick 918-S
The response was tremendous. We met our goal and then some. But I think the odds are changing for the ticket holders. To be fair we should have the thread locked until all the cash is in and the drawing is held.
We could have the thread unlocked to post the video. And then leave it un locked for people to post comments. If you all want, I can post a comment about the goal being met but maybe we should list everyone and their respective number in the final post first. Then when the thread is locked we can have any discrepencies sent to us by PM and not start a flame war in the post.

Cool?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 14 2009, 07:20 AM) *

The response was tremendous. We met our goal and then some. But I think the odds are changing for the ticket holders. To be fair we should have the thread locked until all the cash is in and the drawing is held.
We could have the thread unlocked to post the video. And then leave it un locked for people to post comments. If you all want, I can post a comment about the goal being met but maybe we should list everyone and their respective number in the final post first. Then when the thread is locked we can have any discrepencies sent to us by PM and not start a flame war in the post.

Cool?

Cool.

I'm all for shutting it down if everyone else is...
EdwardBlume
Dr Evil in another post is fine with shutting it down too.
Kansas 914
I say shut it down.

WHile nothing relaxes me like excess profit - we can't reduce the "stated" odds for those that stepped up.
tat2dphreak
true enough.
since we did raise extra, do we want to raffle off an extra T-shirt and entry fee? as a "thank you"

plus if the winner wasn't planning on coming, he might come with a free entry, or give his entry to a person who can attend...

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Dec 14 2009, 08:27 AM) *

true enough.
since we did raise extra, do we want to raffle off an extra T-shirt and entry fee? as a "thank you"

plus if the winner wasn't planning on coming, he might come with a free entry, or give his entry to a person who can attend...

Good idea. Let's talk about it in the call tonight.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 14 2009, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Dec 14 2009, 08:27 AM) *

true enough.

Good idea. Let's talk about it in the call tonight.

All very good ideas.
rick 918-S
I talked to Mike Ginter. He will lock the Transaxle Auction tomorrow at 12:00 pm Central Standard Time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.