Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 emblem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Socalandy
Bought this as NOS but no part number on the back. Did the original have one or not?

Thanks
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Dec 14 2009, 09:33 PM) *

Bought this as NOS but no part number on the back. Did the original have one or not?

Thanks

Nope!
carr914
Does it say "Made in China" on the back?
Socalandy
Hell no!!!!! lol-2.gif No numbers on the back at all nor does the one I had chromed for my conversion I was going to do before I got the real deal
sixerdon
Beg pardon, but the early ones did have the part number. You can see the photo of my original non-gold emblem on P914's web site. This emblem is original to my early /6 #0137.

Don

http://www.p914.com/p914-resources/p914-ba...arison-back.jpg
Socalandy
Thanks, I thought it had one if it was an Orig. part

Damit mad.gif confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 14 2009, 07:48 PM) *

Does it say "Made in China" on the back?

originals placed on car by the factory had the part number Porsche replacements did not They are all now discontinued. The repros are made in Rhode Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (anyone need one?)
SirAndy
I cut up a perfectly good one 8 years ago or so to make a 916 emblem. happy11.gif

They were still available then ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
Socalandy
you did what slap.gif smilie_flagge6.gif

well at least I have one for the car now.
Lavanaut
AFAIK the only way to distinguish a genuine replacement from a repro is to weigh it, the repros are like three times as heavy (I want to say 50g vs. 150g). Reckon George would know...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.