Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB:: straight shift rod (side shift) for six conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jaybird840
Hi all,
I'm tryin to button up my six conversion, and I'm in need of a modified shift rod. If you know what this is, you know why I need it. Lemme know what you've got stashed away.

Thanks!!

--Jay
914Sixer
One of the members can modify your stock shifting rod. I believe it is Dan Root. Try contacting him.
Van914
Perry Keil also sells a converted rod. I bought one this last summer from him.
Van914
914ltd
Jay, I have 914/6 conversion rods in stock. $125. These are from good stock 4 cylinder rods and have the correct "tweek" at the transaxle end. Add $25 for new knuckle bushings and aluminum end piece installed. I will give an allowance for your rear 4 cylinder sideshifter rod in trade. Brad Mayeur 309-694-1797

QUOTE(jaybird840 @ Dec 15 2009, 08:43 AM) *

Hi all,
I'm tryin to button up my six conversion, and I'm in need of a modified shift rod. If you know what this is, you know why I need it. Lemme know what you've got stashed away.

Thanks!!

--Jay

wbonucci
sorry for the noob reply, but what changes when you make it straight?
IronHillRestorations
The four cylinder shift rod has convoluted bends to go through the eye of the engine mounting bar, however it isn't a straight shot from the tunnel to the console on the transmission. When you do a six conversion you can't use the stock four cylinder bar for a side shifter. I guess an early tail shifter might work, but I've never had a request or made one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.