Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: whats on their backside...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
ME733
popcorn[1].gif ..well gang , I know we have had some discussions about O.E.M. wheels., but I don,t believe we covered ...the fake Fuchs...topic. what is on the backside of a "fake fuch" are there 914xxxx numbers?, is there any identifible numbers? or manufacturing name? rim size info?.....just how would a expert decipher the real, from the fake? popcorn[1].gif
MrKona
QUOTE(ME733 @ Dec 15 2009, 11:07 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif ..well gang , I know we have had some discussions about O.E.M. wheels., but I don,t believe we covered ...the fake Fuchs...topic. what is on the backside of a "fake fuch" are there 914xxxx numbers?, is there any identifible numbers? or manufacturing name? rim size info?.....just how would a expert decipher the real, from the fake? popcorn[1].gif

Interesting to have a topic in the originality forum about fakes, but for the purpose of helping folks decipher real from fakes..

My fake Fuchs say "AEWC" on the back, which I assume stands for American Eagle Wheel Corporation. Also the size - 15x5.5. No 914xxx numbers.

My wife refers to them as "Fuchazies."
ME733
popcorn[1].gif THANK YOU MR KONA Knowing exactly what someone is purchasing is important, and what is original or not is important. Thankfully this post was allowed to exist in the originally section. the cost of purchasing "fake fuchs" should be substantially lower than "the real deal". By how much I have no Idea. Additionally, it is my understanding the "fake Fuchs'' are not FORGED wheels, but CAST. this "fact" if true, should be of intrest to anyone planning to use them for autocrossing. Finally, I bet the concorse judges can spot them a mile away. Thanks again. popcorn[1].gif Murray
tod914
Fuch

Click to view attachment

Mahle

Click to view attachment

scotty b
If we're talking 4 & 5 lug Fuchs, there are MANY fake 5 lugs out there. I have a set of 3 Xenon 5 lugs. they actually seem to be made fairly well, compared to some of then other fakes I have seen. I'll try to remember to take a pic of them this weekend. I have a LOT of garage cleaning to do at the folks house dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.