Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Breakfast in Seattle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Let's do the first 914 breakfast on April 19th at Alki in Seattle. We can eat there at several spots, my favorite is the Alki Bakery. Lots of places to park the cars and show them off too. If its sunny, it will make for a perfect day. So it's 914 on 419 @9:14.

Geoff
(500 posts!!!) aktion035.gif
SirAndy
you made it!
you're a official 914 Guru now pray.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah, I sat here and posted to pass you! whoopie!
You gonna come to the breakfast Andy? Its right on the water, lots of wome..whoops! You are married now!
Geoff
ChrisReale
Alki Cafe is ok also. If its early enuff, I could just walk the block to work afterwards -_-
reverie
9:14 is a cool time. Some of us may be a tad late, but we won't mention any names (please). Seattle peeps have a reputation for sleeping in and showing up a short latte. (Autocrossers are a different and hardier breed.)

I'm going to Hollywood the 14th - 18th, but yeah I want to be at the Alki get-together on the 19th! Count me in! Cool laid-back people, and good coffee! Sharing some bench racing and funny stories is a good way to start the day.. and I think someone mentioned women? smile.gif
Bleyseng
The women are always there, rain or shine! Its just better if its sunny so they can take off the rainsuits while they run or walk.
Geoff
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 3 2003, 09:38 PM)
You gonna come to the breakfast Andy? Its right on the water, lots of wome..whoops! You are married now!

i always wanted to see seattle. in fact, i think shannon has to go there for a biz trip right around that time. mhmmm, maybe ... i'm sure she wouldn't mind happy11.gif
ChrisReale
Come hang out Andy!
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Apr 5 2003, 09:05 PM)
Come hang out Andy!

yeah, i'm thinking about it. could use a break ...
Brad Roberts
I would like to show up for this... but that is the weekend prior to the swap meet. I'm betting I'm mowing grass that weekend and getting this place semi presentable.

B
Bleyseng
Brad, you just want to show cuz the Alki Bakery has the best baked goods in Seattle. The view is nice too even if it ain't sunny. I'll figure out a way to get Dave over there too. I know its hard for him as his wife does all the driving plus the 2 little ones make for a busy mom. I will see if Blair will drive him over as I am bringing Monique in the 914.
I am trying to find some cheap seats to come to your swap meet, should be fun.
Geoff
ChrisReale
I can pick up Dave mueba.gif
JRust
Hey guys sounds cool. I'll see if I can make it in the leech. I'll see what we can work out. Be nioce if we could get a nice caravan coming from the Portland area! wink.gif
Bleyseng
Hey that would be great Jamie! I haven't seen you post in awhile.... Did you sell the 911?
Here's directions:
Alki Bakery-2738 Alki Ave SW.
It's right on the main street at Alki beach.

To get there from I-5
Take the W SEATTLE BR/COLUMBIAN WAY exit- exit number 163A.
Take the W. SEATTLE BR ramp toward SPOKANE ST/PORT OF SEATTLE.
Merge onto W SEATTLE BRIDGE.
Take the ADMIRAL WAY ramp
Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto SW ADMIRAL WAY.
Turn RIGHT onto 62ND AVE SW.
Turn RIGHT onto ALKI AVE SW, drive for awhile and its on your left. The beach is on your right!

Geoff biggrin.gif
Bruce Allert
I got my sites set on a drive up to Seattle for this here breakfast.
Jamie, your idea of golfing up & back sounds great. If not up we can do it back!!!
Will be leaving early Friday afternoon or before.
Caravan of a bunch of 914's would be awesome (or 2 or 3)! rolleyes.gif
What say yous all?
bruce
Dave Cawdrey
Sounds good to me lol
Seriously, I got a ton of space. A set of bunk beds, hide-a-bed, and a large couch, oh... a big floor for the younger whipersnappers wink.gif
We dont mind at all. Prolly gonna be down at the pub beer3.gif , or wine bar most of the nite beerchug.gif
I insist, Bruce. Its the least we could do pray.gif

4 spots available, plus floor. Bruce gets first pick (3 left)
JRust
Hey Dave I might take you up on that. I figured on just getting a room somewhere Friday night. That would work out even better to stay with fellow 914 guys! Anyone know if the mariners have a home game that Sat?
Bruce Allert
Well thanks Dave. Before I say ok though I need to get with my sister in Seattle to see if she wants me there.
Jamie, are you planning on getting a golf game set up with the Mariners??? laugh.gif If the Mariners are playing on Sat. that's where my sister will be!
bruce
RustyWa
Away game on that Saturday.
JRust
Bummer on the game! More time for golf anyway! Any highly recommended courses up there! Or on the way there? Bruce we can definately hook up to caravan! Anyone else gonna make it from the Portland area?
Bleyseng
Jefferson is nice, lots of courses around here. I like Bellevue alot.
Geoff
Bruce Allert
Geoff, would you be up to joining us after breakfast for a game of whackfuck rolleyes.gif (whack=hitting the ball / fuck!=I sliced it!) biggrin.gif
A foursome would be nice.
bruce
ChrisReale
I play golf also, but unfortunatly, I work at 11:00am on breakfast day sad.gif
Bruce Allert
Chris, how's your sick leave??? devil.gif rolleyes.gif cool_shades.gif
bruce
Bleyseng
West Seattle is close to Alki Beach but I have never played there. I think I can play after the breakfast, we'll see.
Geoff
Bruce Allert
Geoff, what'r the green fees?
bruce
ChrisReale
West Seattle is an alright course. The front nine is great, the back nine sucks. Its all up one way, turn around and go down...
Bleyseng
Yeah, lets go play Newport as the green fees are like $150! I don't want to drive out to the "Good" courses as they are all 30-45 minutes away. Jefferson is close and not too bad. West Seattle is nice because of the view of Elliott Bay.
I call golf "WTF" as in whatthefuck! how did I hit it like that!
Geoff
ChrisReale
I suck at golf. On an average 18 hole day, I score about a 100. 28 over par... hanged.gif
Bruce Allert
$150 smash.gif No no no no no ohmy.gif I don't want to do anything over $60 and that's with a cart! WOW! If I paid $150 it'd be to play at Pebble Beach! (ya, I know, Pepple Beach is up to $300 & some!) But still, Ain't there any nice courses up there for cheap? Some place you can sneek a soft pack cooler of beer onto the golf cart and a few Havanas??? smile.gif That's my kind of golf.......
bruce
Bleyseng
Yeah, those places are on the Eastside, like Tall Chiefs, Snoqualmie but its too early to play them. Much too wet!
Geoff
JRust
Yeah $150 is pretty spendy! That would eat up my golf budget very quickly! I'm used to paying $35 for 18. Not including a cart though. Well if we can't find a decent green fee we'll just have to hit somewhere on the way home! Heh Bruce? Would be great to do a 914 golf deal though. Was anyone besides Geoff able to go? I know Chris works that morning. Anybody else?
airkewl
I won't be able to join you, as the Friday and Saturday of that weekend is the defrost weekend for SOVREN vintage racing. But if you're looking for somewhere to caravan to, come on out to Pacific raceways, off Hwy 18 between Kent and the Hobart/Issaquah Road. There'll be lots of cool cars there but very low key so you can get real close and probably park right in the paddock. I'll be there with my Signal Orange 911, so if you come, find me in the pits and say hi.
Bruce Allert
Tony, I see you live by the addage "You can never have enough 914's" biggrin.gif COOL
Welcome
bruce
Bruce Allert
Kinda looks like the weather isn't going to co-operate with a golf game. Prolly gonna haf'ta play it by ear. Rain one minute.. sun the next. Oh well, that makes for a better adventure smile.gif
bruce
Bleyseng
Bruce and Jamie, I'll call and see what the green fees are at Jefferson as thats a nice course in Seattle.

Sean is sending me one of those cool posters he did for the 914Breakfast. Should we have a auction?
Geoff
ChrisReale
A little late for this, ...

Alki Bakery serves breakfast "different" they have things like Egg sandwiches, stuff like that. Usually is busy on Sat mornings, I recommend reservations of some sort. Alki Cafe, which is right next door, has standard breakfast fare, and an area where a larger table is available. If breakfast somehow ends up not working out because of people being late, or whatever, the place I work at, Pegasus Pizza, is next to both Alki Bakery and Cafe. We open at 12:00, and could easily accomadate the crew. Hell, Id be cooking for youz...
Bleyseng
Chris, I go to the Alki Bakery for the baked goods ie the goodies. If people want to sit down and eat eggs and hashbrowns they can go accross the street to the cafe. The bakery is a better place for a group to sit and talk or better yet get a coffee and goodie and go outside and check out the cars, especially if its decent.
Warning: if its nice you can get whiplash checking out the chicks on Alki.

OK, how many are coming???
PM me so I can get a count.
Geoff
ChrisReale
Thats cool Geoff, I just wanted to give a heads up so things dont get confusing at the last minute.
JRust
Hey guys I'm not going to be able to make it! Sorry with going down to the Swap meet next weekend I just don't have enough time! I thought about getting up real early Saturday morning. Just wasn't going to work. I have been super busy & just need to spend this weekend with the family. So my 914 fix is just going to have to be filled at the swap meet! Sorry guys really looking forward to it too! I was looking forward to BSing with Dave! I'll have to see you all at the next meet! Take care & have fun! Sorry about the golf we'll have to do that another time confused24.gif
Bruce Allert
Well Geoff, looks like it's just You & Me... Kid! Flog'n the little white ball (if it don't rain!) sad.gif
Just gotta play it by ear.
BTW, how many are going up from Oregon?
bruce
ChrisReale
Shit, if it aint raining, and you guys are really playing, i might take the day off. I know Interbay has a fun short 9.
Bruce Allert
Interbay sounds like the short course I checked out for a friend awhile back when she was staying up there for business reasons. I'm up for anything as long as it isn't raining & the course is $50 or less boldblue.gif
If golf isn't in the picture then I'll stop by parents place on the way back & put in a new kitchen sink faucet for them... Happy Easter Mom & Dad clap56.gif
bruce
Dave Cawdrey
We could always stay warm and dry in my garage hehehe tongue.gif
Notice, I didnt say clean smash.gif
Bleyseng
Dave, What are you doing on the car lately?
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 18 2003, 06:05 AM)
Dave, What are you doing on the car lately?

Haven't done much. Got a sway bar to install, then remove for Por15. Ball joints to put on, lotsa little shit.
Garage is a bit messy, could use some organizing... shelves, rearranging, blah blah blah smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.