Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: 1970 Steering Column
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
proto31
I need a decent steering column from a 1970 4 cylinder, it needs to be a 12 pin type, apparently they went to a 14 pin in 1971. Let me know what you've got.

Thanks,

Dan
914Sixer
Dan,
Do you need just the plug?
proto31
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 16 2009, 11:32 AM) *

Dan,

Hey Mark, I need the entire steering column. The last thing I need to get my car started.

Dan
914Sixer
Check over on thesamba.com. The column is the same a the 70 Beetle.
bdstone914
QUOTE(proto31 @ Dec 16 2009, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 16 2009, 11:32 AM) *

Dan,

Hey Mark, I need the entire steering column. The last thing I need to get my car started.

Dan

If they are the same as a VW Bettle there are many of them in local Pick a Part yards.
Do you need the housing complete with turn signal switch? I think the 70 had the wiper switch on the dash, Right?

Bruce
proto31

Dan
[/quote]

If they are the same as a VW Bettle there are many of them in local Pick a Part yards.
Do you need the housing complete with turn signal switch? I think the 70 had the wiper switch on the dash, Right?

Bruce
[/quote]

I need it complete with the housing and turn signal switch, the wiper switch was on the dash. I didn't think that the VW beetle column was the same, the 914 version had it's own 914 part number.
914devotion
[quote name='proto31' date='Dec 17 2009, 08:45 AM' post='1251868']
Dan
[/quote]

Bruce
[/quote]

I need it complete with the housing and turn signal switch, the wiper switch was on the dash. I didn't think that the VW beetle column was the same, the 914 version had it's own 914 part number.
[/quote]

I have a wiper washer squirt switch that goes on the right side, and the turn signal switch that sits on the left side if you want.
OU8AVW
How about a Karmann Ghia unit. That's my plan on my 71. It's almost exactly the same. At least I can't tell any diff.....
914werke
Pm sent
914Sixer
My bad. It is the KG unit not the Beetle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.