Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gonna need a steering column switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Dr Evil
I am rebuilding Mary's steering column because it was poo. The first switch in with the horn contacts is toast. I cant remember if it was the TS or WW off hand. Any spares among you?
rick 918-S
I think the first one is the turn signal switch. Mine is bad on my car so I need the one I have in the parts car I have. Sorry sad.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 16 2009, 11:40 AM) *

I think the first one is the turn signal switch. Mine is bad on my car so I need the one I have in the parts car I have. Sorry sad.gif

Let me check the parts car - I haven't pulled the steering wheel off of it yet.
Dr Evil
No worries. I am sure someone has a spare.
tat2dphreak
if not, there was a thread a while back about what VW replacement parts are exact matches, new for about $25, I'm sure we could figure out a way to get one. smile.gif
Kansas 914
Dr Mike,

Is this what you need? I think it was/is for my '72 but you can have it. I have a few months before I need it.

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
It is. I need to see the connector side as I am not sure what year Mary's is. I can install it when I get there, luckily.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 17 2009, 07:47 PM) *

It is. I need to see the connector side as I am not sure what year Mary's is. I can install it when I get there, luckily.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.