Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: January Original Customs Tech-Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Original Customs Tech-Day Session! Thinking about January 9th or 10th and wondering what are your thoughts on which of these days if you intend to show up.

Also wondering, what do you hope to accomplish? So, if you would be a participant sound off here and tell us what you want to get done.

We also need spectators who know the cars. There is a construct in education called collaborative education. What this means is that the teacher (McMark) is there to give direction when the group is stalled but the group teaches the group. This means that if you want to backdate your bumpers, hopefully there will be spectator participants who have done it and can teach you and help you. So if you can come and help out sound off too!

Remember, there will be a charge for this. We cannot ask McMark to shut down his shop once a month to help our sorry asses without compensation. This is a working shop. McMark is trying to figure it out now so watch for that post.

We are trying to figure out the food situation too... We are too small a group to get a caterer to come out so we probably have to feed ourselves. Sound off with your ideas on this.

So Let us know! Are you in?
SirAndy
I'll be there and i need you guys to find the grinding noise that's driving me bananas ... piratenanner.gif

sad.gif Andy
markb
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 16 2009, 01:14 PM) *

I'll be there and i need you guys to find the grinding noise that's driving me bananas ... piratenanner.gif

sad.gif Andy

Loose nut behind the wheel?

av-943.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(markb @ Dec 16 2009, 01:45 PM) *
Loose nut behind the wheel?

Nope, that was the first thing i checked ... shades.gif
Mike Bellis
I'll be there if I'm not stuck in Texas (work) on that date. Damn data centers don't know the historic importance of the 914.
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 16 2009, 04:14 PM) *

sad.gif Andy

did you get rid of the front end shimmy yet?

Rich
raw1298
This sounds like a great deal! I will be in later this spring when the engine is actually in the car. Looking forward to some help in some areas.
ConeDodger
So any particular subjects that people want to cover, or are you just wanting to get some stuff done?
strawman
I'd be up for it, but Saturdays are better than Fridays for me. Maybe I'll bring down my trailing arms with all ancillary parts for assembly. I'll need to press in the bearings into the arms, 100mm lugs into the hubs, Elephant bushings into the arms, complete assembly of the 911 e-brakes, etc. I could do that at home, but it'd be funner doing it while hanging out with fellow 'teeners. Got it on my calendar...

Geoff
ConeDodger
QUOTE(strawman @ Dec 17 2009, 09:05 AM) *

I'd be up for it, but Saturdays are better than Fridays for me. Maybe I'll bring down my trailing arms with all ancillary parts for assembly. I'll need to press in the bearings into the arms, 100mm lugs into the hubs, Elephant bushings into the arms, complete assembly of the 911 e-brakes, etc. I could do that at home, but it'd be funner doing it while hanging out with fellow 'teeners. Got it on my calendar...

Geoff

Whoops! My bad. See the edit above. It is supposed to read 9th or 10th. Saturday or Sunday.
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 16 2009, 05:33 PM) *

I'll be there and i need you guys to find the grinding noise that's driving me bananas ...

Nope, but that ain't it ...

I need two guys to stand around the car and listen as i slowly drive over a bump.

Babysteps. Right now, i can't even tell where the noise is coming from ...
shades.gif Andy
McMark
Got a couple speed bumps you can rent. happy11.gif

Geoff, we could bead blast, powdercoat, and assemble your trailing arms in a day.
EdwardBlume
I have another set of rear trailing arms which can be "done"... but I think they are in fairly good shape...
ConeDodger
I have a set of front A arms that could be done. Geoff, were there torsion bars that go with these A arms? Seems to me for a 12 pack of beer I should get the torsion bars too! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Sounds like we have a focus for some activities. Bead blasting, powdercoating...

I have a bunch of little projects.

Wiring my front fogs with the JWest Foglight Flash Kit

Wiring my rear license plate light

Stripping the paint from beneath my front bumper and repainting the body

Stripping the paint from my rear trunk and repainting.

What are your projects???
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Who's bringing the beer? Better plan on coffee too dry.gif

What is your project?
Mike Bellis
I don't realy have a project other than body work and paint. I'm just coming for fun...
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

I thought of more projects for my car as I drove it to work today!

Signals don't cancel blink.gif

Horn doesn't work blink.gif

al weidman
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 17 2009, 08:49 AM) *

So any particular subjects that people want to cover, or are you just wanting to get some stuff done?

Whoa!! do you think Brumos has a name for that red? Al.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 17 2009, 10:09 AM) *

I'll be there and i need you guys to find the grinding noise that's driving me bananas ...

I need two guys to stand around the car and listen as i slowly drive over a bump.

shades.gif Andy

Get your girlfriend to drive it slowly over a bump and YOU can listen. driving-girl.gif lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 20 2009, 10:08 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 17 2009, 10:09 AM) *

shades.gif Andy

Get your girlfriend to drive it slowly over a bump and YOU can listen. driving-girl.gif lol-2.gif

That would work except for AAAAndy's hearing problem. Too many years listening to to the noise it makes when servers crash.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 21 2009, 08:22 AM) *

That would work except for AAAAndy's hearing problem. Too many years listening to to the noise it makes when servers crash.

What?

Elliot, you really think i let my GF drive the 914?
screwy.gif Andy
strawman
Hi Rob --

I'll have to check to see if I kept the t-bars. I'm out of town right now, but I'll PM you once I get a chance to dig through the pile...

Geof

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 17 2009, 02:34 PM) *

I have a set of front A arms that could be done. Geoff, were there torsion bars that go with these A arms? Seems to me for a 12 pack of beer I should get the torsion bars too! biggrin.gif

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 21 2009, 09:38 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 21 2009, 08:22 AM) *

What?

Elliot, you really think i let my GF drive the 914?
screwy.gif Andy

You're right. What was I thinking? laugh.gif
McMark
Gonna have to postpone the Work Day. Have to work a short day on the 9th. sad.gif

We'll try to get something set up for early Feb.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.