Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear spoilers (not wings)...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
Sorry if I asked this before. If I did, I don't remember the answer and couldn't find it in the archives.

I am hoping to find a carbon fiber version of the below type of spoiler; basically a riveted 4-6" SCCA legal "lip". This is different from the molded "ducktail" or screwed/glued "GT" styles.

IPB Image

If nobody makes a c/f version, where do I get the f/g one?

Thanks,
Jeroen
IIRC both Sheridan and HPH sell that type of lip/spoiler
Dunno if they have it in carbon though...

HTH

Jeroen
seanery
I've looked many times for a C/F version at Roger Sheridan's page, can't find it. It may be worth a call Chris, he may be able to fab one up for ya. Let us know how it comes out. The next items on my bluecar body list are front & rear lids and I was considering RennSpeed's rear lid with spoiler built in. It looks like a 6 incher molded in the rear.

Good Luck.
d914
check to seeif that rear lid has bracing underneath. I have one , source unknown , and I had to add plywood,.25, and fiberglass so it would not flap in the breeze. Didn't add much weight but greally firmed it up.
seanery
Sorry for the hijack Chris.

IPB Image
IPB Image
campbellcj
Thanks Sean; I've seen that type of lid (I think Andy Ritter and Dave B have 'em) but I was mainly leaning towards the other flavor for aesthetic reasons.

I dunno which type would function better...if they really do anything at all? I am hoping they do, as I want to keep the rear end tamed on the larger tracks. All the 911 guys run huge wings or tea-tray spoilers but that would seem really silly on my narrowbody car...
seanery
Chris you could buy one of those 100-200 dollar ricer wings and bolt it on to see if it does anything? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.