Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheels and shipping update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Kansas 914
I got this from Donald last night:

I have shipping all set up for the trip from San Diego to me here in Memphis. I plan to attend the build and will personally deliver the wheels. If for some reason I am not able to attend, I will get them shipped to Garden City at my own expense. The company I work for has generously agreed to ship them from San Diego to Memphis free of charge. I have sent all shipping instructions to Steve Iverson.

I think we are good to go for now!

I think we might be needing lug bolts though....
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 16 2009, 07:05 PM) *

I got this from Donald last night:

I have shipping all set up for the trip from San Diego to me here in Memphis. I plan to attend the build and will personally deliver the wheels. If for some reason I am not able to attend, I will get them shipped to Garden City at my own expense. The company I work for has generously agreed to ship them from San Diego to Memphis free of charge. I have sent all shipping instructions to Steve Iverson.

I think we are good to go for now!

I think we might be needing lug bolts though....

Let me check my stash...
tat2dphreak
that is AWESOME news!!

I have NEW lug bolts, but they are not pretty, they have a "hot-dipped galvanized nail" look to them...

mary is more than welcome to them as soon as I get off my ass and do my 5 lug conversion(have all my parts for it except I haven't paid for the wheels :|)
Kansas 914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Dec 16 2009, 09:52 PM) *

that is AWESOME news!!

I have NEW lug bolts, but they are not pretty, they have a "hot-dipped galvanized nail" look to them...

mary is more than welcome to them as soon as I get off my ass and do my 5 lug conversion(have all my parts for it except I haven't paid for the wheels :|)

What thread length is needed for fake fuchs? Are they longer than bolts used on steelies?

I wouldn't know anything about cool wheels - mine are all steel...
tat2dphreak
I got long ones that I were told long enough for fuchs for my westerns. I can't remember what size I got tho. my original plan was to stay 4 lug and get a nice set of fuchs
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 17 2009, 05:41 AM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Dec 16 2009, 09:52 PM) *

that is AWESOME news!!

What thread length is needed for fake fuchs? Are they longer than bolts used on steelies?

I wouldn't know anything about cool wheels - mine are all steel...

Yes they are longer. All I have are steelies on both the parts car and the Raspberry scraper. The ones Wayne has should work. We could also check with GPR too.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 17 2009, 06:47 PM) *

Yes they are longer. All I have are steelies on both the parts car and the Raspberry scraper. The ones Wayne has should work. We could also check with GPR too.

Good idea on GPR - he will sell to us at cost - as soon as we know what we need.
tat2dphreak
probably better at GPR, like I said, these are ugly for such pretty rims.. they are even ugly on my westerns smile.gif plus I'm worried my 5 lug won't be complete in time

another option, tho I don't know how feasible... if her new rotors are not installed yet, we could get studs pressed in, and use lug nuts
EdwardBlume
I have (7) 2.0 Fuch bolts. They look original... ie crappy. Should I try and polish them?
Kansas 914
UPDATE:

I spoke to Donald (hot_shoe914) last night and he is in possession of the wheels and tires. They are now at his house awaitng the trip to Kansas. Donald is coming to the build event and he is personally delivering the tires. We will keep Mary in the dark about the wheels and just let Donald show up and say - "did anyone here order some wheels?" - or something to that effect. So don't mention the wheels in the forum.

BTW: Donald said the wheels look great!
tat2dphreak
awesome! sounds great! I like the idea of springing them on her! biggrin.gif if it's not frozen over, we can wash them off or something too where they are spotless upon presentation smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.