Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: European Car magazine - Jan 2010
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
The January 2010 issue of European Car has a brief article on Lee Jacob's 1972 /6 conversion. One of the Colorado folks. The car looks fantastic. If your on the board, well done.
Ferg
Really? WOW, very cool Lee!!

For you that don't know Lee, (as he's pretty quiet on the boards) he's a great guy and it's a fantastic car.

Ferg smilie_pokal.gif
brant
Wow... that is cool
I'll have to go to barn/noble tonight and search
very cool...

that car has about the nicest interior of any I've ever seen

good job Lee!
Ferg
Pic of Lee's sweet ride.

914werke
Wow its about time that EC paid homage to its "VW & Porsche" roots!
I used to subscribe way back in the day & catch pretty regular articles covering the teener but after it changed its name to EC then its complete makeover a couple yrs ago they went complete up-market and I lost interest.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 17 2009, 08:31 AM) *

Wow its about time that EC paid homage to its "VW & Porsche" roots!
I used to subscribe way back in the day & catch pretty regular articles covering the teener but after it changed its name to EC then its complete makeover a couple yrs ago they went complete up-market and I lost interest.

They didn't go "up market" they went tuner, like all of the other ricer mags out there.

I loved VW&P because they didn't forget about the old cars. They went to where they thought they could make more money. In their absence, we got GRM, CM & HE&S to help fill the void.
Katmanken
Yup, went from a good read with actual how-to stuff to a "lets show a lowered car with different wheels and the additon of spendy fiberglass glass bodywork parts" ...

Yawn,
EdwardBlume
Nice car. I used to dream off EC and VW&P, and I'm still chasing those dreams...
Mountain914
Yeah - there are certainly much more worthy 914's out there - but I was just trying to "represent" as best I could.
I included 914 world but they didn't didn't print it mad.gif
Geesh - now I feel like somebody slept with my girlfriend (you'll have to read the article to understand). poke.gif
Perhaps they just thought "flaxen flyer" was a cool name and had to find a yellow car to fit it :grin:
scrz914
I was stunned when I got my EC this month and there was a 914 featured. Quite a pleasant surprise. I actually read the article.
But cracked up when I read that you can tell a real 914-6 by the fact that it has fender flairs. blink.gif
Really.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Dec 17 2009, 10:59 AM) *

Yeah - there are certainly much more worthy 914's out there - but I was just trying to "represent" as best I could.
I included 914 world but they didn't didn't print it mad.gif
Geesh - now I feel like somebody slept with my girlfriend (you'll have to read the article to understand). poke.gif
Perhaps they just thought "flaxen flyer" was a cool name and had to find a yellow car to fit it :grin:

Thanks. Post some more picts !!! chowtime.gif
Mountain914
The magazine does seem to take some artistic liberties. I am guessing they were thinking of the m471-GT when they talked about the flares ?
They couldn't seem to get my name right either ... whatever ...

Still - I went out and bought three of them piratenanner.gif
jasons
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Dec 18 2009, 07:26 AM) *

I just checked out your Rennlist page. I noticed you had Custom Autobody do your paint/body. I've heard good things about them, were you happy with them?

Mountain914
I just checked out your Rennlist page. I noticed you had Custom Autobody do your paint/body. I've heard good things about them, were you happy with them?

I like the result - it was done kind of as a relative/friend thing so the price was right, and perfection wasn't expected. A higher paying customer would get a better result. I'm not complaining - the metalwork is flawless. The paint has a few drips (only two) that could have been avoided had it been given more time. You'd probably never see them (unless you owned the car, that is - and I'll never tell! biggrin.gif ).
zig-n-zag
And the roots of VW & Porsche be Volkswagen Greats.

Happy unsubscriber since 1995, I didn't feel the love.

My gut tells me its a ploy to regain lost subscribers.

kenshapiro2002
Wow...my car is a 914-6 and I didn't even realize it. No wonder it's not running right, I only put four spark plugs in.

QUOTE(scrz914 @ Dec 17 2009, 02:34 PM) *

I was stunned when I got my EC this month and there was a 914 featured. Quite a pleasant surprise. I actually read the article.
But cracked up when I read that you can tell a real 914-6 by the fact that it has fender flairs. blink.gif
Really.

Click to view attachment
Mountain914
QUOTE(Zimms @ Dec 17 2009, 06:02 AM) *

The January 2010 issue of European Car has a brief article on Lee Jacob's 1972 /6 conversion. One of the Colorado folks. The car looks fantastic. If your on the board, well done.

Zimms, I forgot to say thank you. So... thanks !
Wannabe 914-6 owner
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Dec 18 2009, 04:06 PM) *

Wow...my car is a 914-6 and I didn't even realize it. No wonder it's not running right, I only put four spark plugs in.

QUOTE(scrz914 @ Dec 17 2009, 02:34 PM) *

Really.

Click to view attachment

Is this the car that was recently on E-bay. Very nice biggrin.gif
Zimms
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Dec 19 2009, 10:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Zimms @ Dec 17 2009, 06:02 AM) *

Zimms, I forgot to say thank you. So... thanks !

Thanks, but no need. Your 914 looks fantanstic.

I agree with you on the written part of the article; it sounded like he was itching for one heck of a ride. Great photos! Did they pass on any of the originals for you to make into a poster?
Mountain914
Yes - I have those (and some even better) pictures in .CR2 (cannon raw) format.
I would love to post (downsized) - but the photographer has a "for personal use only" statement. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.