Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Karman Poster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
Just bought this Karman Poster on ebay.

Notice the paint scheme. This seems to be one of the goofy painted cars that where shown on the Karman booth at the Frankfurt fair.
zymurgist
Good score! thumb3d.gif
johannes
Yes, it's the gold one. That's the one I thought.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 18 2009, 09:20 AM) *

Is that a Corvair or a Lancia or some weird VW in the center?

Zach
johannes
Is that a Corvair or a Lancia or some weird VW in the center?

BMW 2800 CS ... Very desirable car ...
JonH
[quote name='carr914' date='Dec 18 2009, 09:20 AM' post='1252268']
Nice

Click to view attachment

Wow.

Put that on my short list of places to visit when I finish the time machine. Thanks for sharing!
carr914
When I get my Time Machine done, I'm going ahead a couple days to get the winning Lottery numbers and right back to buy them biggrin.gif

T.C.
McMark
QUOTE(johannes @ Dec 18 2009, 05:27 AM) *
Notice the paint scheme. This seems to be one of the goofy painted cars...

WTF.gif Those cars are awesome...

And I bet it's vinyl stickers, not paint.
SGB
2800 cs is pretty, but slow, too. Gee, that sounds familiar. I wanted to bring one back from Germany but they were already oxy-bombs by 1986. They rusted even more than our favorite son...
E-Man
The Bimmer could also be a 3.0CSi. My grey market '72 had 200hp and was NOT slow!
Great looks, but rust was an issue.
johannes
QUOTE(E-Man @ Dec 18 2009, 02:23 PM) *

The Bimmer could also be a 3.0CSi. My grey market '72 had 200hp and was NOT slow!
Great looks, but rust was an issue.

I think you are right. There seem to be no more 2800 sold in 1973. So it may be a 3.0
Al Meredith
I had a 69 2.0CS years ago. 2000 cc engine except with 2 duel side draft carbs. engine had a cable running over the engine to the DS shock tower to keep the torque from twisting the motor mounts. The 4 cylinder car was the same from the "A" pillar rearward, shorter up front .
richardmosselman
I kinda like the colour scheme on that gold one! I also think that the BMW coupe was one of the most beatiful cars ever made esp with the Euro flush headlights. R
Mark Henry
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 18 2009, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(johannes @ Dec 18 2009, 05:27 AM) *
Notice the paint scheme. This seems to be one of the goofy painted cars...

WTF.gif Those cars are awesome...

And I bet it's vinyl stickers, not paint.

I like the Union Jack teen...so Austin Powers. Yeah Baby!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.