Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Delphi Green Metallic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bwillis
I'm looking at a 74 914 in this color. I love the 70's colors, especially the orange and yellow but how does Delphi Green Metallic/L99A look in person? That's one color I have never seen or obviously owned in the past.

Opinions?

Thanks!
Ben
yeahmag
See my avatar...
IronHillRestorations
Most of the cars that color have been changed, unfortunately. It's a green/gold metallic that's very mod 70's. I've seen a couple later model colors on other makes that remind me of that color. I like it!
ClayPerrine
My car was Delphi Green Metallic when I bought it. Well, that was the paint code. The paint had faded to a really nasty looking OD Green. barf.gif

There are a few parts I left in the original color, but you can't see them and I will never tell where they are.

High Path
I've never seen one in person, but I'd like to. I have a book on Porsches, with (too few) 914 pictures, but one of them is Delphi Green. I would never have thought I'd like that color on any car, but it actually looks really good on a 914. So much so that I'd actually consider it if I was to repaint.

I agree with you that the 70's colors are appealing.

My car is Saturn Yellow. It was never my favorite color, but has grown on me. I really like Signal Orange cars too, and that is the leading contender if I ever repaint.
bwillis
Here's a picture I got from the seller. It shows the original color pretty nicely. The car will need a respray anyway because one of the fenders has been replaced.

Now I just have to raise some funds and go pick it up.

Ben

jt914-6
That was the color my project car was. I didn't like it. I don't like green anyway....

Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
biggrin.gif
Cevan
Click to view attachment

Not my car, but the inspiration for my wheels.
JeffBowlsby
Delphi Green Metallic is a great color, I have seen a couple nice examples from time to time. Here is one from my 'Classic' website, more photos under the 'Exceptional cars' link

smg914
Like all factory 914 colors, it looks like shit when old and faded. However, like all factory 914 colors when new and shinny, it looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.