Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remanufactured D-JET MPSs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
I was contacted by an ex-owner of a large fuel injection remanufacturing facility to gauge the board's interest in correctly remanufactured MPSs for D-Jet Systems. He says he may have a source for the Be/Cu diaphrams so they can be correctly remaned.

Target price for a unit would be in the $225 - $250 range.

Oh, and the 914 ones are not the only ones he would remanufacture. He would be doing MBs, Beemers, Volvos and VWs also.
drgchapman
No brainer................duh!
McMark
But you would still need to recalibrate them?
914werke
Get it to $199. and I bet youve got a winner.
Pat Garvey
I should add that I voted in the negative because I have 2 new units on the shelf.

And I guess that really isn't fair & shouldn't have skewed the poll results.

If I had a dead unit & nowhere else to turn, I'd pony up....long before a switch to carbs!
Pat
SLITS
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 18 2009, 01:05 PM) *

According to him, the unit does not need recalibration as long as the epoxy seal has not been disturbed, but it could be done as he has the capability. He also has access to the other seals.

I also asked him what quantity the run would have to be for the diaphrams in case they could be sold alone for those that want to tear into the units and try.

I also told him I would like to see the price in the $175 - $200 range. I've taken a few apart and there isn't that much in labor to replace the part.

If it ever comes about, I will let everyone know.

And Pat, all of the CW guys always seem to be negative av-943.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 18 2009, 03:29 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 18 2009, 01:05 PM) *

According to him, the unit does not need recalibration as long as the epoxy seal has not been disturbed, but it could be done as he has the capability. He also has access to the other seals.

I also asked him what quantity the run would have to be for the diaphrams in case they could be sold alone for those that want to tear into the units and try.

I also told him I would like to see the price in the $175 - $200 range. I've taken a few apart and there isn't that much in labor to replace the part.

If it ever comes about, I will let everyone know.

And Pat, all of the CW guys always seem to be negative av-943.gif

Wonder if he would do A$250 with the re-cal. Thanks Ron
TJB/914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 18 2009, 03:07 PM) *

I should add that I voted in the negative because I have 2 new units on the shelf.

And I guess that really isn't fair & shouldn't have skewed the poll results.

If I had a dead unit & nowhere else to turn, I'd pony up....long before a switch to carbs!
Pat

Like my 914 brother above I have (4) new & working MPS's in my stash. Now I have to think about selling off my stash before the price crash. hissyfit.gif

I think this is a great idea at any price. I am all in favor of this vendor. smilie_pokal.gif

Tom
TravisNeff
I think it is a great idea and the price is not too bad. I would think that sales on it would be pretty sporadic though.
r_towle
I would buy at least one 914 one and one volvo p1800 one.

Rich
StratPlayer
I have a couple new volvo MPS, have no use for them.
FIC72
Fuel Injection Corporation has been doing MPS since 1972. FIC purchased Bret Instrument Co in 2003. We have brass or copper diaphragms available.

Units can be Rebuilt and Returned(R&R) for $225.00. This is a 914 World Price only. Mention 914world to get the special price. This applies to R&R only.

FIC also carries the Fuel Injectors, Air Flow Meters, Fuel Pumps, Aux. Air Valves and Electronic Control Units. Most parts are in stock. All parts are available R&R.

All parts carry an 18 month warranty.
SLITS
QUOTE(FIC72 @ Dec 23 2009, 08:33 AM) *

Fuel Injection Corporation has been doing MPS since 1972. FIC purchased Bret Instrument Co in 2003. We have brass or copper diaphragms available.

Units can be Rebuilt and Returned(R&R) for $225.00. This is a 914 World Price only. Mention 914world to get the special price. This applies to R&R only.

FIC also carries the Fuel Injectors, Air Flow Meters, Fuel Pumps, Aux. Air Valves and Electronic Control Units. Most parts are in stock. All parts are available R&R.

All parts carry an 18 month warranty.

Thanks for your advertisement. I know who you are.
hcdmueller
I would prefer to just buy the diaphragms, but I will happily pay if rebuild is the only option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.