Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 bearing number
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seventhchild
[size=4]I have a 914-6 engine case. I pulled out a bearing, 901.131.00, what would that indicate? Standard size? I've been searching the net and can't find that number.
brp986s
you can look up that info on porsche.com directly or via pelican.
seventhchild
QUOTE(brp986s @ Dec 18 2009, 06:43 PM) *

you can look up that info on porsche.com directly or via pelican.

Thanks but I didn't see anything for 914-6 parts on porsche.com, and Pelican didn't have anything on that number. I'll keep searching.
sixnotfour
00 =std
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seventhchild @ Dec 18 2009, 09:34 PM) *

I pulled out a bearing, 901.131.00, what would that indicate?
I've been searching the net and can't find that number.

That's because that part number doesn't have enough numbers...

a 901.101.131.00 is a #1 main bearing for std crankshaft.
seventhchild
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Dec 19 2009, 05:06 AM) *

QUOTE(seventhchild @ Dec 18 2009, 09:34 PM) *

I pulled out a bearing, 901.131.00, what would that indicate?
I've been searching the net and can't find that number.

That's because that part number doesn't have enough numbers...

a 901.101.131.00 is a #1 main bearing for std crankshaft.

...nope, I'm looking at the number right now and it's only 901.131.00
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seventhchild @ Dec 19 2009, 08:54 AM) *

Do you believe that every part in a Porsche has the full, complete part number cast into it? (Hint - No.)

Never did I say that's not the number on the part - I just said that's not the part number...

(Virtually) every Porsche part has 4 groups - 3 groups of 3 which are basically:
platform.MainGroup.SubGroup followed (usually but not always) by a 2-digit modifier which might be size, or color, or some other minor differentiating factor.

But _lots_ of Porsche parts - especially foundry parts like cylinder heads - have a casting number which is often related to (such as by transposing some digits) the final part number. (A 911S cylinder head starts out as the same raw casting as a 911T head, and only after it's been machined with a certain port size does it attain 'real part' status and get a real part number...)

Some parts - such as this bearing, drop a group when the part is small and the group is obvious. (101 is engine parts.)

You will probably not find 914.6 parts at porsche.com unless they are very specific to the 914.6 -- you will find 901 numbers in the 911 section.
seventhchild
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Dec 19 2009, 06:02 AM) *

QUOTE(seventhchild @ Dec 19 2009, 08:54 AM) *

Do you believe that every part in a Porsche has the full, complete part number cast into it? (Hint - No.)

Never did I say that's not the number on the part - I just said that's not the part number...

(Virtually) every Porsche part has 4 groups - 3 groups of 3 which are basically:
platform.MainGroup.SubGroup followed (usually but not always) by a 2-digit modifier which might be size, or color, or some other minor differentiating factor.

But _lots_ of Porsche parts - especially foundry parts like cylinder heads - have a casting number which is often related to (such as by transposing some digits) the final part number. (A 911S cylinder head starts out as the same raw casting as a 911T head, and only after it's been machined with a certain port size does it attain 'real part' status and get a real part number...)

Some parts - such as this bearing, drop a group when the part is small and the group is obvious. (101 is engine parts.)

You will probably not find 914.6 parts at porsche.com unless they are very specific to the 914.6 -- you will find 901 numbers in the 911 section.

Thanks, that's some good info. I've figured out the pic posting...I think... so here's some to be viewed.
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/629628.jpg http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/629629.jpg http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/629515.jpg
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/629516.jpg
sixnotfour
Pelican didn't have anything on that number

search by application , basically a 1969 911T engine on pelican.

that number has been superceeded.
00 =std
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.