Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: humorus sticker on mazda spec racer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
interesting car... not very practical for bremerton though.

kevin
DNHunt
Ya Kevin he never got his tires warmed up. It must have been frustrating as hell for the guy to just sit there waiting for his turn knowing his tires are getting slick.

I wish I could blame my performance on slippery tires. No need to worry about that until the driver gets a clue. I found lots of different ways around that course and none of them were right. Lots of fun.

Dave
rhodyguy
i was right next to him on the line up grid. then he rolled forward to wipe the pebbles off his tires. holding the rotary at a high rpm as not to foul his plugs, spewing massive ammounts of unburnt fuel made me icon8.gif . him trying to get his car rolling at SOME speed, yes- TRYING, before the first set of cones was a little w00t.gif slipping the clutch for 50 feet or so will make short work of it. our street tires leave a bit to be desired trying to matchup against very experienced drivers with WIDE STICKY victors and what not, leaves us headbang.gif .

kevin
DNHunt
I know my tires are not that great but my driving was awful. Still I learned a few things and got better as the day went on. The way I see it right now, no sense wasting good tires on a lousy driver. I'm gonna hang onto the streets, play with the car and see if I can drive better.

Dave
rhodyguy
ditto.

kevin
red914
speaking as a short term spectator, i need to get my car smoothed out (new wheel, stuff like that smash.gif ) so that i can go out and learn a few things also. watching you guys drive is inspiring, whether you think you did well or not. smilie_pokal.gif

interesting performance by the front wheel drive crowd; i've never seen that before. mueba.gif
DNHunt
Red

You might appreciate this. The guy next to me on the grid was in a 1.7. Nice guy. He was taking turns with his wife. After the 2nd run he asks how it's going and I tell him I'm having fun but I can't find my way around the course. He laughs and says he can't either. So the next time I want a clean run and just slow down. I get my best time and I'm about 3 seconds up on him and he keeps playing with his tire pressure. At this point I'm thinking things are right in the universe, I got a 2.0l and he's got a 1.7, I should be faster. I'm glad I didn't say anything. He's up before me and he beats my time by about 4 seconds. So, I think I'll just have to go faster. I'm all over the place even more than before. Anyway he kicked my butt.

So for the fun run I let some air out of the front cause an old timer suggested it because I was pushing so much and I did a lot better but, I still couldn't beat that guy's time.

Got a lot to learn

Dave
red914
that is just the sort of fun i would like.MDB2.gif fun, and educational to boot! on top of that, i get to see just what is possible with a 914. i still want to drive it daily, but it would be fun to, over the years, make it more (and i really like this phrase i saw in a different thread), "street obnoxious." burnout.gif laugh.gif

time to start saving my pennies...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.