Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hood springs - available?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppeters914
Losing storage, so time to recommission our sleeping '71.

Searched, but did not find answer.

In all these years, has anyone discovered a replacement for the front hood springs?

Thanks.

Pete
Cap'n Krusty
Sure. Other hood springs. I've yet to see one fail, but used ones should be fine. They're adjustable, you know. The Cap'n
sww914
Wear some gloves when you try to stretch them to the next slot, they're pinchy.
rascobo
There are strut kits available from Camp 914. but unless You have a special need for them,(i.e. a composite hood) stock springs work fine. If You need a pair, let Me know as I have extras You're welcome to. You can pick em up next time You're in Portland or pay shipping and I'll send 'em.
burton73
The problem is if you want to restore you car to primo and powder paint the springs, no one sells any springs as exchange perfect sets. They need to be done on jacks that would extend them so the powder paint would get all around as they are done and put into the oven. I spoke to Bruce on this but they still is no set person that I know that we can get these from at a set price as perfect black springs.

Bob
914Sixer
They have been NLA for some time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.