Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A couple questions I need some help on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
x98boardwell
Question #1, if my car does not have the center console but has all of the wires already in the car does that mean they are ready to go? For example, is the wire that I would connect to the volt gage already connected in the engine bay or is this something I will need to do?

Question#2, when removing the rear engine lid do I need to just remove the two bolts that hold the lid in place or do I also need to detach the steel rods which help with the lifting of the lid? And, do I need to mark the area to ensure I put it back in the same spot?

Thanks,
Bryan
tod914
Hi Bryan. 1. The wires are tucked under the center carpet. However, you will need the seperate center console wire harness to attach them to the gauges.
2. What I do is, where the bottom lip/bracket is set on the engine wall, use some tape to mark it's possition at the leading edge so realignment will be easy. You just need to remove the 2 bolts. Might want to run some masking tape along the side panels so you don't scratch your paint. You reinstall the lid in the up possition for the indexed taped alignment.
x98boardwell
Tod,

Thanks for the help. I am more concerned whether or not they have been hooked up in the engine bay, volt gage, etc. I do have the combo temp gage in the dash but I was curious if the those wires go anywhere in the engine compartment or will I also have to hook all those up?

Bryan
rick 918-S
While I had my lid off I turned the holes on the firewall mounting brackets into slots. That way I just have to loosen the mounting bolts on the lid hinges and slid it off. This makes installation very easy.
tradisrad
The clock wire should always be hot and not need any special hook up on the other end. Just attach the clock. Same goes for the volt meter you should just be able to plug it in.
Now the oil temp DOES need to be hooked up to the oil temp sender on the bottom of the engine-if your engine has it. The wire goes to the harness at the location of the fuel pump wires. It is a single wire.
It should be an easy hook-up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.