Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1.8 engine, $250
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
MrKona
I'd like this out of my garage, so I'm trying to sell the entire engine for local pick-up before parting it out.

This is the 1.8L engine that I'm replacing with a 2.0 build. This engine was rebuilt in 2001 by the previous owner. I have several receipts but only enough to tell me that cylinders were honed and cylinder head work was done - no details. Receipts are from Soren Anderson of Santa Rosa, CA. I also know that the previous owner installed hydraulic lifters instead of solid lifters (I know..).

The engine ran okay when I had the car running. The issues were that the one of the hydraulic lifters never wanted to fill. Also, I've had fuel injection issues with this car, and the engine has been run really rich. There was gas in the oil, so I'll assume that decreased the lubricating properties of the oil. (I'm replacing major FI components with good used...)

The engine does run, and has for a few thousand miles since the rebuild, but I would consider this a "core" for a project build... From what I can see, there are no broken fins on the cylinders, and the heads were "done" just a few thousand miles ago, so perhaps less work ($$$) would be required on the heads now. The only things missing from this engine are the valve covers.
bcaschera
How much do you think it would cost to get this thing back down to the SF bay area??
MrKona
QUOTE(bcaschera @ Dec 21 2009, 12:28 AM) *

How much do you think it would cost to get this thing back down to the SF bay area??

I gotta be honest, I'm not to keen on shipping this thing, especially when it's not a super-high ticket item... but that being said, I priced out FedEx freight, and with residential pick-up and delivery, it priced out at $473 to Santa Clara, CA. It'll be cheaper dock-to-dock, but I don't have a vehicle that would fit a pallet and engine to deliver it to a shipping dock.

There's got to be an engine closer to you in the Bay area. The Bay area is like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when it comes to car stuff.
bcaschera
Yeah your probably right. ( about the Bay Area) i just passed up several engines and yours is the first to resurface in this price range. In all honesty i was hoping that because it had been rebuilt in Santa Rosa that you may have friends or family in the area that may entice you meet me half way or something so the trip would be... Uh convenient... for you that is thanks though ill keep my eyes peeled.
getkirk
Hello there,

I am within driving distance if your 1.8 is still available.
Could I speak with you on the phone?

Thanks,
Kirk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.