DAY of ARRIVAL

October 31, 2009

IPB Image

Trailer overkill? shades.gif

aktion035.gif '74 2.0 in Saturn Yellow!
jmill
That passenger long looks solid. cheer.gif
al weidman
Looks like a good car Steve. Did you make the trip to California for the car?How long did it take and what was your route? Al.
steveherman
QUOTE(al weidman @ Dec 20 2009, 11:55 PM) *

Looks like a good car Steve. Did you make the trip to California for the car?How long did it take and what was your route? Al.

had it shipped
rfuerst911sc
Looks like a nice car what are your plans ? Restore to stock or wild conversion ? I'm in Orlando........................Rick
etcmss
Good Luck---it looks pretty solid and a good start for a project. How's the interior? and the engine?
watsonrx13
Steve, glad you found someone who could do the job right. Good luck and keep us informed of the progress. aktion035.gif

--Rob
steveherman
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Dec 21 2009, 06:37 AM) *

Looks like a nice car what are your plans ? Restore to stock or wild conversion ? I'm in Orlando........................Rick

Mostly stock. I am gonna do the yellow tartan seats. FTW.
I know you are in Orlando. AND you have a very beautiful yellow car.
When mine gets out of paint I want to meet a bunch of the locals!
I feel a January BBQ coming on!!!

QUOTE(etcmss @ Dec 21 2009, 07:11 AM) *

Good Luck---it looks pretty solid and a good start for a project. How's the interior? and the engine?

The interior is about same as body PRETTY NICE but not perfect. The seat bolsters are in real good shape structurally but has some black tape over a few holes. The center inserts are super nice but going to be recovered in the yellow tartan. The carpet is very useable. but looks a little old. Door Panels are PEFECT and UNCUT for speakers (which i am glad). center console is very nice. ALL lights work inside and out (with a couple hours of my time). The engine is also pretty nice runs and idles really nice BUT under acceleration there is a mild stutter that i need to figure out.

QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Dec 21 2009, 07:17 AM) *

Steve, glad you found someone who could do the job right. Good luck and keep us informed of the progress. aktion035.gif

--Rob

Thanks Rob. I will.
steveherman
New Pics added 1-8-2010
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Sleepin
Looking good!!!!!
jsayre914
Looks great smile.gif

lets see you driving it driving.gif
etcmss
so briefly describe paint process (all off the car then painted ???, enamel, base-clear) and what good stuff on re-assembly.
steveherman
QUOTE(etcmss @ Jan 7 2010, 07:05 PM) *

so briefly describe paint process (all off the car then painted ???, enamel, base-clear) and what good stuff on re-assembly.

car is stock color.
the front passenger fender was MILDLY crashed and was able to pull the dent out.
painted both trunks.
the door jambs all look GREAT... nice and shiny... so those werent painted but they were buffed out.
base coat-clear coat.
had the engine cover screen, rocker panels, and both bumpers, painted in satin "rat rod black".
removed the roll bar vinyl.

ONLY REGRET is that i did not remove the side markers.... but that is extremely minor.
watsonrx13
Looks great Steve... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
LeNoah
Wow Steve, looks great!! Did you do the body work and spray yourself?
Any unknown issues pop-up? Were both longs as nice as the one in the pic? Keep the updates coming.

I am a little jealous of course.
steveherman
QUOTE(LeNoah @ Jan 7 2010, 08:34 PM) *

Wow Steve, looks great!! Did you do the body work and spray yourself?
Any unknown issues pop-up? Were both longs as nice as the one in the pic? Keep the updates coming.

I am a little jealous of course.

i did not do myself.
i found a small father and son operation in a little country town a few miles south of me.
No other issues.
Longs were very nice.
Hell hole is in great shape.
List left to do.... yellow tartan seats.
Weatherstripping
and AC... (considering AAs new unit)...
probably in that order.
steveherman
so my car is ready from paint.
YEA!!!
figuring out who/where my seats gonna go to be tartaned!!!!
KevinP
Steve,

Your car is looking good! Glad to see there's no grass growing underneath your feet...

I used a guy over in St. Cloud for my interrior work. I 'll see if I can find his number again.

KP
rfuerst911sc
Nice paint.......good to see more central Florida yellow fever biggrin.gif .
steveherman
I got the final electrical bug worked out.
I will be putting in the back pad and the YELLOW PLAID seats this week.
Insure and get plates.
DRIVE!!!
and while driving start replacing the weather-stripping from mike914.
PICS TO FOLLOW!!!!!!!
i am stoked guys!!!!!!
steveherman
So I today I scrubbed the engine compartment.
Monday i start to put it all back together.
wertygrog
here's a few pics of the engine removal and cleaning festivities at my place in daytona. Major improvement in the engine compartment! Should have gotten a good 'after' pic.
wertygrog
more!
wertygrog
and more! beerchug.gif

This last pic you can see the section Steve cleaned, the rest came out just as good.
steveherman
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Sep 5 2010, 02:27 PM) *

my favorite.
260 pound guy sitting in the engine compartment of a 914... priceless
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.