Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914-6 Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
I have a friend with an original excellent running 914-6 engine. He is willing to sell it to me but we have not talked cost. What is a fair price for this engine. Thanks.
carr914
The Value of an Original 914-6 Motor is really the Motor # and that would be valuable to an owner of a -6 without his original case.

Other than that, it is really just a 911T engine with 110hp

T.C.
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 20 2009, 04:40 PM) *

The Value of an Original 914-6 Motor is really the Motor # and that would be valuable to an owner of a -6 without his original case.
Other than that, it is really just a 911T engine with 110hp

agree.gif

It really only matters if you can find the 914-6 chassis that originally came with that engine ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy
Michael N
If it engine #6404557 I'd be interested.
Johny Blackstain
6405211 for my interest
RonnieJ
I'm going to buy it for my 914. If for some reason I don't I'll let you guys know who to contact.
SLITS
For the money you might pay for an original /6 engine you can buy a real nice flat 6 with a shit pile more hp and longevity. And it's still a '69 911T motor with anemic power.
twash
QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Dec 20 2009, 04:19 PM) *

I have a friend with an original excellent running 914-6 engine. He is willing to sell it to me but we have not talked cost. What is a fair price for this engine. Thanks.

I second the motion why waste money on a 110 hp 6 engine, when for less $ and more hp go with some thing else, why be up set when a good running 2.0 ltr 4 cylinder engine will blow you away. the car will never a a true 6 cylinder car anyway
RonnieJ
After reading the post I have to agree. I'll look into a couple other engines he has.
campbellcj
FWIW I have a factory six engine built by a PO with 2.2 S parts that I'll likely be selling soon. I never dyno'd it but 'on paper' it should make 160-180hp and revs to 7300. A stock six engine has relatively little torque as well as limited top-end power. There are many other options out there with better bang for the buck.
Mark Henry
You guys are forgetting that it might have a set of webers and heat exchangers....might be well worth it even if the longblock gets flipped.
carr914
QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Dec 21 2009, 04:02 PM) *

After reading the post I have to agree. I'll look into a couple other engines he has.

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 21 2009, 07:45 PM) *

You guys are forgetting that it might have a set of webers and heat exchangers....might be well worth it even if the longblock gets flipped.

Ronnie, if we knew the asking price we could be more help, and that would include Marks comment.

If you don't buy it, get the Engine #, it might be someone here's Needle in the Haystack.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.