Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS/ PCA/SCCA/NASA race car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tomburdge
Technical specs for Porsche 914-4 racecar.
Extensive history currently configured as SCCA F production/PCA GT6R race car. Numerous SCCA Runoffs appearances and divisional championship.

Engine/Transmission
Recent re-build (less then 5 hrs) 1.8 ltr, 170+hp 4 cyl. motor (dyno sheets available). Fully balanced with cr of 11.5:1 .Less then 1% leakdown. Carrillo rods, new rings ,bearings. New heads by Len Hoffman featuring ss valves, titanium retainers and extensive flow work. Lightened OEM crank, piston squirters . Proprietary cam with unobtainium ceramic lifters. Lightened and stress relieved valve train. 40 IDF Weber carbs w/K&N filters. Mallory dist ,MSD 6AL ignition box& coil.CFR/Tangerine Jet Hot Coated headers w/Phase 111 muffler. Twelve(12) qt dry sump system w/front mounted cooler & two (2) filters. All braided -10,-12 lines.8 gal fuel cell w/2 Carter pumps. 901 side shifter tranny,competition gearing and 1st/reverse lockout. Digital EGT monitor (all cylinders).
Chassis:
Extensive chassis reinforcement with rollcage tied to all major structural points .Raised front spindles and trailing arm PU points."Boxed & reinforced trailing arms, chassis stiffening kit, Elephant Racing bronze bearings, custom HD "A" arms, turbo tie rods, aluminum cross bar. Coil overs (all) w/dbl adjustable gas shocks .F/R adj sway bars. Adj camber/castor boxes up front.
Butlerbuilt seat, ,quick disconnect steering wheel, 5# Halon bottle w/2 nozzles."Ginther" style windshield .All fiberglass DZUS fastened body panels, hoods & bumpers. About 1770# without driver. OEM Porsche "Bahama" blue w/yellow accents.
Brakes/Wheels/Tires:
Two (2) sets 15x7 wheels w/mounted Goodyears. Front "M" calipers w/vented disks, Tilton adjustable bias, steel braided brake lines.

Spares:
Wheels(see above), F/R hoods,, misc filters & tune up items, matching paint for minor repairs, useable clutch parts, some Weber replacement parts.
Misc:
Current SCCA/PCA log books. SCCA annual tech good till 10/10.Current F Prod record holder "Lightning" track, NJ.
All this for only $15,500 (REDUCED) additional pictures upon request.
tomburdge
Geez,the response has been" overwhelming",or should I say "underwhelming".

At this point even a "good luck with the sale",or "what a piece of" s#@*"(LOL) would be somewhat appreciated. At least I'd know you're at least looking.

Someone out there must want to go racing.

Make me an offer before I have to start parting it out which would really be a shame.Alot of work and good stuff has gone into this car.

Tom B.
spare time toys
Nice car worth the $ but in these times I dont think most folks have the spare cash just now.
zymurgist
agree.gif Nice car. Hope you find someone to buy it, because parting it out would be sad.
sixaddict
Real nice car but seems this is bad time of year for anything but hot deals. Been told that on a set wheels and it makes sense. Hate to see us dragging our market down by selling stuff "off season" but it appears to be happening. May need to wait until Spring.... AND Good Luck !
tavoman27
Nice car, is there an email to get in touch?
seebobgo
looks like pit / in at Summit point. Any action yet? huh.gif
6freak
first time ive seen the add! ....good luck with the sale ... popcorn[1].gif
tomburdge
QUOTE(seebobgo @ Jan 20 2010, 10:12 PM) *

looks like pit / in at Summit point. Any action yet? huh.gif

Yes, pit- in at SP,but no national there this year so I probably won't be back until they do.

Begining to sell some spare parts , and had a guy ready to send me money sight unseen without any questions until he calls to find out if the car can be driven to the track. huh?

I asked him what it was about my descrpition he didn't understand.

Oh well.

Still for sale.
tomburdge
Hey guys,spring is just around the corner and will be time to go racing.

I just lowered my asking price some $2,500.

Some one out there must be willing to spend this dinky amount on a fully sorted race car.

If you buy it and need it shipped,I will split the shipping costs with you.I need the room for my new 914-6.

tom B.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.