Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pricing for used ss HE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cgnj
I don't know if I would have paid this price

Would you?

ebay 1.8 HEs
1.8 NLA and SSI has only 80 some 2.0 HE in stock.

Carlos
Jake Raby
wow... I have a set of 2.0s that will be on there in a few days.. They are SWEET! Hope they bring that much!
rhodyguy
i sure hope dave hunt reads this. i wonder if ssi will do another production when the 80 sets are gone?

kevin
John
I should sell my used ones if they bring that much. Of course, mine aren't painted blue like that so I probably won't get that much for them. wink.gif
jd74914
agree.gif

I bought a pair of 1.8L SSI heat exchangers about 6months ago for $200 and $25 shipping.

I don't know if they're in better shape than those ones confused24.gif , but . . . . . . . they were $100 cheaper and had a minimal amount of dings (2or3).

Of course, they don't have that fancy blue paint. happy11.gif
736conver
Isnt that unbelievable. I thought they would sell for $175 or $200 but $300. It gotta be the blue paint.
seanery
I bought a set of 2.0 SSIs late last year for half price of new $240/pair.
East coaster
Man if you wanted those, buy this setup!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...5&category=6763

Sorry I'm biased they're mine! They actually are in really sweet shape if anybody needs a complete system.
cgnj
I guess I'm waiting for that auction to be over before I put mine on evilbay. High demand/less supply = "Honest sweetie, I'll sell this part and I won't go out of pocket for that one" isn't a lie or a little closer to the truth.

Carlos
rhodyguy
the fancy blue paint is coming off, what's the point? the person willing to pay $305 is already explaining it to his wife. no nibbles on the complete setup in the classifieds? it's a good deal for someone looking to dump their 75 style. i'm going to take my pretty good oe 2.0's to the steam cleaner today.

kevin
davep
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 22 2004, 06:22 AM)
i'm going to take my pretty good oe 2.0's to the steam cleaner today.

kevin

Kevin, let me know how steam cleaning works. I bought a set of OEM last year, and they need cleaning up. Power washing didn't do much good. I may have to sandblast them. Then it will have to be well preserved.

DaveP
anthony
Castrol Super Clean works wonders on HEs.
rhodyguy
dave, i've had a set of 2.0 ss done. it worked very well. esp when he squirted some of his degreaser inside the heat box area and then hit it with the steam. i watched and alot of crap came out of the inside. anthony, i try to keep the parts cleanning products to a minimum. disposing of the leftovers is a pain. i compare the cost of the products, my time for use and disposal, and the mess. $20 for a set of h.e.'s to come home squeeky clean is a bargin in my book. the fellow that provides this service also does the bottoms of ALL my cars on a hoist. when daveh h and i pulled the engine out of the 75' our hands barely got dirty until we started pulling the front housing off.

kevin
Brad Roberts
The 1.7/1.8 SSI HE's have not been produced for over 10 years now. It doesnt surprise me to see them going for decent money.

SSI will not be doing another run of 2.0 HE's. Selling one pair a month is not much incentive to do all the tooling setup and purchase of steel.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.