Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rivets for threshold plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Need black rivets for door thresholds plate. It is a conversion so
" absolutely correct" is not an issue but close would help. Tried search for vendors but don't know how to get there. Any guidance would be appreciated. THX
TOT
johnnie5
Look up yello914 in member vendors. Raul, he is the guy who makes the aftermarket threshold sills and carpet rails. He should be able to get you some black plastic rivits.
jonferns
Tod's rivets
Socalandy
If you have an ACE Hardware near you they have a great selection of Non feris fasteners.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 21 2009, 09:26 AM) *

Need black rivets for door thresholds plate. It is a conversion so
" absolutely correct" is not an issue but close would help. Tried search for vendors but don't know how to get there. Any guidance would be appreciated. THX
TOT

We have found that without enlarging the holes (we do not do that these days, used to use the black Wurth rivets and slightly enlarge the holes) the factory rivets are the only alternative. Todd's are slightly bigger (just like the Wurth ones) and need a leg broken off The factory are opaque, perfect for the 70-early 73 models, and for the 73 1/2-76 models we install them and then carefully touch them up with a magic marker. Fits correctly and looks correct
tod914
I'm getting low on the black, but have some if you need them. 20 cents each v $1.40 or so from Porsche. Once they run out, I'll see if the manufacturer will duplicate them to exact oem size. If you follow the instructions on the link, they go in easy. Let me know if I can help.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t=0#entry739856
sixaddict
Thanks ALL !.......that should do it. TOT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.