Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
I just purchased 5 autometer gauges and was wondering if all five could get power from one fuse. The thing im worried about is that the wiring diagram for each gauge is given and two of the gauges require a 4 amp fuse while the other 3 only need a 1 amp fuse. total thats 11 amps, could i run all the gauges off one 15 amp fuse without any problems? I would rather have one fuse, than 5 more in the car somewhere

I can't imagine why i wouldn't be able to, just wanted to make sure so i don't fry a gauge or two

thanks
zonedoubt
Make sure the wire to the fuse panel will handle the load from all the gauges.
turnaround89
Already did the calculations for what wire gauge to use. 14 gauge is more than enough. As long as the wire isn't over 7 ft long, the wire can handle it. Im guessing the wire won't be more than 4. The battery and fuse panel will be in the front trunk of the car. So, from the gauges thru the front firewall, to the fuse panel, should be about 4 ft of wire, maybe 5.
marks914
I would start with a small fuse and increase as needed. Maybe start with 3 or 5 amp, otherwise if one gauge goes, it will need 15 amps to blow the fuse. Gauges draw milliamps

Mark
turnaround89
Awesome, thanks for the tip, ill start small and work up
jt914-6
QUOTE(marks914 @ Dec 21 2009, 08:19 PM) *

I would start with a small fuse and increase as needed. Maybe start with 3 or 5 amp, otherwise if one gauge goes, it will need 15 amps to blow the fuse. Gauges draw milliamps

Mark

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.