Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coast - Holiday open house
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
plas76targa
Sunday, December 27th - 4:00 pm to ?? Katherine and I will host an open house (we can open the garage too) to our 914 family. So start making plans to stop by! If yer visiting the DC area from afar come see us too. The usual crowd is expected. PM me for directions if ya need 'em.
zymurgist
I'll salute you from the hot tub in Florida. wink.gif
flipb
headbang.gif I really want to meet some of the MD/VA/DC gang, but I'll be out of town.

Thanks for hosting - sorry I will miss it.
zymurgist
I think Babydoll will still be out of town then, too. sad.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Dec 22 2009, 08:11 AM) *

Ken - does the laptop float in the hot tub? and I suggest NOT charging it while you're both in there.
VaccaRabite
I'll let Erin know, but I think we *should* be okay to come over. If not, I'll let you know.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 22 2009, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Dec 22 2009, 08:11 AM) *

Ken - does the laptop float in the hot tub? and I suggest NOT charging it while you're both in there.

I'm not about to find out. I need both hands for the laptop, and only one hand to hold my beer. beer3.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Dec 22 2009, 03:56 PM) *

QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 22 2009, 12:29 PM) *

I'm not about to find out. I need both hands for the laptop, and only one hand to hold my beer. beer3.gif

And he needs to keep that second hand free for quality time. Remember to switch hands every now and again for the stranger. lol-2.gif

Zach
Dr Evil
Oh good, short notice dry.gif

I may be there
plas76targa
yeah, sorry about the short notice. Article in today's paper mentions how busy travel will be the Sunday's after Christmas and New Year.. I could move this later in the week if that would help people.
type47
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 23 2009, 05:02 AM) *

... if that would help people.

yes, but I'm still gonna be iffy.... Fun Nazi ya know....
zymurgist
2nd week in January would help me. wink.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 23 2009, 06:11 AM) *

QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 23 2009, 05:02 AM) *

... if that would help people.

yes, but I'm still gonna be iffy.... Fun Nazi ya know....

Well my choice of Sunday was to catch Scotty, Root, and You since Scotty's coming to pick up your car.
FWIW, other day ws Weds.
type47
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 23 2009, 05:48 AM) *

... since Scotty's coming to pick up your car.

that needs to be after the snow is gone as I have "no" way to get from the garage to the driveway if it's snowy or wet.
Dr Evil
Ugh
scotty b
So what's the word ? Is this happening happening or no ? I'm not coming for Jim's car but I would probably still make the trip to hang out. Unless it's just Matt and me blink.gif That guy creeps me out the way he likes to hold my hand and call me " buddy " unsure.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 24 2009, 06:10 PM) *

So what's the word ? Is this happening happening or no ? I'm not coming for Jim's car but I would probably still make the trip to hang out. Unless it's just Matt and me blink.gif That guy creeps me out the way he likes to hold my hand and call me " buddy " unsure.gif

So far I haven't received any strong responce to this - would you all make it if we moved it to Wednesday? Still short notice, but a better time?
And would it help if i called you 'Bud' instead?
zymurgist
I'm out till the 4th. Talk amongst yourselves.
Dr Evil
Not really. Sun works for me for the most part. And as long as we have it before the 4th (so Ken cant come) I am cool tongue.gif

Scotty, he touched your hand, only? sad.gif
zymurgist
mad.gif

laugh.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 25 2009, 04:29 AM) *

Not really. Sun works for me for the most part. And as long as we have it before the 4th (so Ken cant come) I am cool tongue.gif

Scotty, he touched your hand, only? sad.gif

Katherine walked in and he let go kind of quick. I think he might have been planning to overpower me, but she saved me.

Wed is no good for me either. Some of us have to work for a living ya know dry.gif I'm probably coming up to Mikes for the first so if that helps out confused24.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 25 2009, 07:29 AM) *

Mike just wants me to bring Caroline's spare tranny up to his place so he can sell me a motorcycle.
Dr Evil
Me? happy11.gif
wrightee
Wow - this would've been a great opportunity for me to ask a butt load of dumb questions on my new project, BUT, I'm taking the family to Florida Sunday...hopefully I can make another gathering (I am planning to do the South East Cancer clinic, so most of the dumb questions may be answered down there)!

Merry Christmas to all!

ghuff
Crap. I work sundays and in addition to that I used my boss mojo this past week for a funeral/viewing and being sick.

scotty b
So is this dead then ? If not PM, me your address Matt.
VaccaRabite
heh. Iand I just got the Okay from Erin to come too.

Scott, if you are headed this way, please let me know when you are going to be around.
Zach
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 25 2009, 06:26 PM) *

heh. Iand I just got the Okay from Erin to come too.

Scott, if you are headed this way, please let me know when you are going to be around.
Zach

Pretty sure I'm coming up for the first. Assuming I do I'll probably leave here around noon, that would put me in your neck around 4:00-4:30 I think. Sunday is looking more and more questionable. You gonna be at Mikes for the 1st ?
Dr Evil
Are you coming up for the 1st or for the 31st? If you come up for the 1st you will hang with hung over people, wouldnt you want to be one instead?
scotty b
coming up ON the 31st FOR the first dry.gif ......maybe............... rolleyes.gif
Dr Evil
come over, dont be a loser.
plas76targa
Okay - now that I woke you guys up, and hopefully you still have the "ok" from the decision makers, let's still do this 'holiday party' on Suncay. Scotty, since yer traveling from the farthest, yer welcome to stay here.

So, besides Dr Evil, Zach, and Scotty, any one else up for stopping by? Root, Jim, Mike Spraggi, Herb, Josh ..crap who am I forgetting? Where are all these other names I've seen post who are within reasonable distance?

if it ends up being the four of us and E and N, I suggest we go to one of the Brew-pubs in Frederick and hang out.

So?
zymurgist
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 26 2009, 07:55 AM) *

if it ends up being the four of us and E and N, I suggest we go to one of the Brew-pubs in Frederick and hang out.

Go ahead, twist that knife. tongue.gif
VaccaRabite
Erin and I will be there, and likely Theo as well. Our sitter done busted her ankle. sad.gif

Zach
plas76targa
Cool. A little holiday drunk.gif is in the works!
type47
We're out, grandkids arrived today.
root
Happy Holidays Everyone!

Susan and I are driving to Jacksonville tomorrow to visit Mom and wrestle gators! driving.gif

The boys will be burning down the house while we're gone.

Scotty, let me know when your connecting with Type47, I'll be back on Saturday. I think that's the third of January.

Evil... I'm working on a shift control for the bike and I could use your input on your cable shift concept. confused24.gif
scotty b
What time will you start accepting bums..............errrr us ? shades.gif
Dr Evil
I am in smile.gif
plas76targa
Bums, etc can arrive near 4:00 pm.. You gonna drive up Scotty?
plas76targa

oops.

Hi Bill!
scotty b
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 27 2009, 04:16 AM) *

oops.

Hi Bill!

looks like it smile.gif
plas76targa
Ok Scotty! Small group expected - the usual "Bums". Katherine is panicking on what to prepare. I'll IM you close in directions.
MikeSpraggi
Bummer. I have to work today. Something about finishing up my staff's evaluations before the end of the year. Need to do face to faces with my team of engineers this week .......... that's gonna be REAL fun ......not! Anyways yous' guys and gals have a good time. (I really hate missing a chance to get together ....argh!)
plas76targa
Spraggi - did Santa put coal in your stocking for procrastinating those evaluations?

VaccaRabite
Eh, Erin wants to give Theo a nap, so it looks like it will just be me. Sucks, but he has not had a good nap in days, so I can't fault her for her change in mind.

Zach
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 27 2009, 09:34 AM) *

Spraggi - did Santa put coal in your stocking for procrastinating those evaluations?

Yes........... so what's wrong with coal? I get it every year .. have a nice collection.

Someone once said .... "If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done."

plas76targa
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Dec 27 2009, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(plas76targa @ Dec 27 2009, 09:34 AM) *

Yes........... so what's wrong with coal? I get it every year .. have a nice collection.

Someone once said .... "If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done."

Ah Well. We missed you. We had just Dr Evil and Noel, Vacca Rabite, and Scotty B, Me and Katherine. The most fun was a Nerf Dart war with my kids. Loads of laughs.
zymurgist
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
VaccaRabite
That was a lot of fun last night. I know there was someone taking pictures during the nerf battle, but I don't know if it was Katheren or Noel. I can say that there was not much of an age difference between the Plasket's teenish boys and the "grown" men once a nerf gun was placed in our hands.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.