Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: changing my carrera brakes on my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goobu
Okay, there has to be an easy (or a way) to do this

Keep in mind that these are carrera brakes on a 914.

Anyway, I am putting in my new pagids on the rear. I removed the 2 pins, retracted the pistons pulled out the pads, replaced the pads and slid the pins back in. I used my Channel Locks to force the pin in so that the top of it head awas flush with the hole in the caliper.

Now when I took the pins out, they were IN the holes (they were not sticking out, and they were not flush), they had been tapped in.

My trailing arm is in the way and I cannot get any normal tool in there to tap in the TOP pin and it is loose enough that I could pull it out with my hands.

Any suggestions...all the books I have just say "to install pads, complete these steps in reverse"

Thanks
John
jflynn@gtc-motorsports.com
Jeffs9146
Photos??

Jeff
airsix
Worst case, I would unbolt the caliper. If you pull the clip off the hard-line you should be able to unbolt the caliper and lift it up without unhooking the lines.

-Ben M.
rhodyguy
enough room to squeeze it in with a c-clamp?

kevi
goobu
Well, I used my big mother Channel Locks to get it flush with the hole in the caliper...but it is still loose.
Dave_Darling
Try an L-shaped Allen wrench and your channel locks. The short arm of the L can push the end of the pin, and the one jaw of the channel locks pushes on the rest of the L.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.