Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
Ever heard of Better Bodies in Chula Vista?

Linky

confused24.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif shades.gif
zymurgist
To my way of thinking, when you cut the fenders down on a 914, you always end up with something looking a lot like a first generation RX-7.

NTTAWWT, but IMO it makes it look like it's not a 914 any more.
Spoke
It's not that bad looking. But it's not a 914 now. Losing the targa bar really changes the look. I bought my 914 because I wanted a 914. I don't think I'll be bidding on this kit.
SirAndy
barf.gif
Bruce Hinds
That has been around for some time, about 12 years ago I wanted to get more information on the kit and was told they didn't have any available to see. They would make up the pieces as they were ordered. At the time I didn't have this wonderful forum and couldn't find anyone that knew about them....
B
These are some pictures I'd found somewhere....
http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/Al..._NAME=snapfish/
Bruce Hinds
Rats... that effort at posting pictures didn't work....
B
Bruce Hinds
Where's the like to how to post pictures here.... Please pass that along because I've got about 4 pictures from different angles and a few have the targa bar before it was removed.
B
Rand
See the FAQ, link at top right.
Or...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Dec 23 2009, 09:35 AM) *

Where's the like to how to post pictures here.... Please pass that along because I've got about 4 pictures from different angles and a few have the targa bar before it was removed.
B

That would be in the FAQ forum ... You know, the place where people go when they need help? poke.gif biggrin.gif

Here Yugo:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

bye1.gif Andy
Bruce Hinds
DA.... I guess it's been a while....
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment
B
SirAndy
While not my cup of tea, those pics actually look better than the ones in the eBay Ad ...
shades.gif Andy
tat2dphreak
looks like a miata... gayfight.gif
not that there's anything wrong with that...
jhadler
While nearly all of the body kits I've seen on 914's have made me turn a shade of green, this one isn't half bad if the rest of the car can live up to the image. I see a speedster version of this kit with either a Suby STi motor, or a chevy small block conversion. It's no longer a 914, so why not go whole-hog.

-Josh2
Cairo94507
That is a crime against nature. Sorry.
Gustl
QUOTE(Spoke @ Dec 23 2009, 06:10 PM) *

I bought my 914 because I wanted a 914.

agree.gif - same here ... don't need no body kit, I love the original one wub.gif
Cap'n Krusty
It's advertised as an "aerodynamic improvement". I'd like to see the wind tunnel results. IME, sleek doesn't always mean a low C/D. With those fat fenders the drag's gotta be pretty substantial. Stock 914s are pretty slippery.

The Cap'n
Smitty911
I don't mind the Front Bumper so much, I'd be curius about how it looks with the Turn Signal Humps still there.

The one on E-Bay They could have at least aligned the Head lights and there is a hump in the middle of the front Hood. The back end is butt ugly.
Mike Bellis
I think the kit looks better in the 3/4 shot. the front and rear shots look a little wierd. Somthing is off with the proportions and overall fit and finish.
dlo914
ive actually seen one of these kits on a car in person a few years back while driving around Pasadena, CA. It was a dark green 914 w/ this exact kit.
sww914
It looks like this-
WRONG.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.