Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Face Substrate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Does anybody reproduce the thin metal substrate beneath the basketweave?
kconway
Maybe I should ask this a little differently. I need to redo the dash basketweave on a new to me dash frame. The frame doesn't have the thin metal substrate.

What did you do when your last recovered your dash face? Did you resuee that substrate or make another?

Kev popcorn[1].gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(kconway @ Dec 23 2009, 07:49 PM) *

Does anybody reproduce the thin metal substrate beneath the basketweave?

no plenty available used. In fact the factory did away with it on the 75 76 models in favor of a plastic molded fash face material. If recovering these cars it is necessary to buy the used steel from the earlier model and recover it.
Gint
I've always intended to make new for the resto. I haven't figured out from what yet, but that's a ways off before I have to worry about it.
charliew
There might be some people that still have a really good oem dash front. My 75 is very good and I will probably use the ss covers I got from Engman.
GeorgeRud
They're really nothing more than flat pieces of metal, you could simply cut some out of aluminum or steel as you wish.

There are probably a bunch of parts available from parts cars that would save you all the work. Just remember that there is a difference between the early (70-72), and the late cars because of the dash vents on the later cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.