Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elec. Radiator thermostat out?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wallys914
Um so I have driven my car around for about 50 miles total never getting it above 210, so I thought, ok it's to cold. So today I go out with an infared temp gauge pull the thermo and put fire to it with the ignition on. Nothing, No fan movement, checked power to the fans, got it, I havent checked the fans them selves, but to be sure i was just going to buy a new thermo switch. Any one know what type? or a brand?
SLITS
Ya shouldda used a heat gun on the thermostat to see if it was functional.

The one I use is set to kick the fan relay at 180 degrees.

But I don't own a V8 conversion ... just a flat six conversion and the fan is on the oil cooler. Same shit, different fluid.
wallys914
It needs to be grounded right?
wallys914
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(wallys914 @ Dec 24 2009, 10:59 AM) *

nope. two wires, right?

power in and power out.

mine has an adjustment on it. drop temp. down a notch?
Shade Tree
Dependable stuff..

Flexalite Thermostat
rick 918-S
The temp switch is a warp switch. As the metel tang heats up it warps and makes contact completing the circuit. In case you don't have one you will want to add a relay to lighten the current. That what fry's them.
wallys914
All taken care of. The switch in a renegade set up need to be grounded, and did work once I applied heat with a heat gun. Thanks slits...

After I got it going and popping a fuse and some rewiring it worked just great.

Thanks guys...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.