Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front f/g bumper and spoiler w/ dzus fasteners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
campbellcj
For no particular reason, other than slight weight savings, I want to re-do the way my front fiberglass bumper and spoiler (actually a couple different ones) are attached. Currently they are screwed/bolted on in a McGuyver'ed stock-like fashion. I have tons of dzus fastener parts and have used those for the rear bumper, targa top and so forth, so I figure I'll use them up front too.

Rather than re-invent the wheel, if anybody has advice or better yet - pics - on how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Merry Christmas

race914
Here's my front bumper dzus setup.

I used the stock bumper mounting holes, tapped some round stock and used some threaded rod to make the mounts adjustable. Welded a square plate to the end of the round stock for the dzus mounting.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

My camera is dying and the 2nd & 3rd pics aren't to clear, but I hope this helps give you an idea of one way to do it.

race914
Here's how I mounted the spoiler.

1st pic you can see a dzus fastener locations on each side of the oil cooler opening

Click to view attachment

2nd pic shows the dzus fasteners on the spoiler

Click to view attachment

3rd pic shows the location for the 2nd set of fasteners. On both sides, I have a dzus inside the front fender on the horizontal lip. green line indicates the location

Click to view attachment

Both the bumper & spoiler setups have worked well.
campbellcj
Thanks - that is very helpful !!!
blabla914
Check the Turtlegirl build thread. Tabs were welded to the body. Less adjustable, but appeared pretty easy to get right.

Kelly
sww914
QUOTE(race914 @ Dec 27 2009, 04:07 PM) *

Here's my front bumper dzus setup.

I used the stock bumper mounting holes, tapped some round stock and used some threaded rod to make the mounts adjustable. Welded a square plate to the end of the round stock for the dzus mounting.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

My camera is dying and the 2nd & 3rd pics aren't to clear, but I hope this helps give you an idea of one way to do it.

I was going to describe this setup. Glad you have pics!
Hi Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.