Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bentley EXP Speed 8 replica build thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
While looking at Audi 5 speed transaxles I stumbled upon this.

I perused the entire 43 page thread and this guy is just brilliant.

Note the full sized, custom fabricated, car body form CNC mill towards the end.

http://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4415...asc&start=0

piratenanner.gif
Dr Evil
Very cool.
scotty b
Bet that was a fun weld joint blink.gif
EdwardBlume
Time well spent. Wouldn't it be cool to build a 914 based tube chassis?
Rand
I'm sure "byndbad914" could comment about that. smile.gif
Drums66
Another creative mind! idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
Katmanken
Dang, tried it with google translator....

Translates a page at a time, complete with cuss words....

I can almost read it now except for the occasional non-translatable word or phrase....
jd74914
Some of those joints must have been awful to notch/weld. After building some FSAE chassis with some crazy joints like that I can really appreciate what he went through. laugh.gif

That build is really cool. biggrin.gif
byndbad914
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 25 2009, 07:01 PM) *

I'm sure "byndbad914" could comment about that. smile.gif

biggrin.gif I saw this thread but didn't open it at first, then tonight just cruising thought "wonder what this could be?" hahaha, wow, that guy did a ton of work. I can't even begin to imagine having that many tubes coming together in one joint! Nonetheless pretty cool build - I went thru all 43 pages before returning and reading the other comments here, nice little hour long detour lol-2.gif

I too did a full finite element model (FEM) of my car before building it - I am always amazed at how strangely some people load their models. The moment/torsional analysis makes sense but the other one not so much. Anyway, it seems no one that does FEM work ever considers side crashes when triangulating the floor of the cockpit either.

Crazy that he can do all aspects of the car tho' - I won't be making any body panels anytime soon!
sixnotfour
See what a 21 yr old is doing to his Golf.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3277830&page=7
plymouth37
Just scrolled through all 43 pages. Fantastic work, seeing this motivates me to get back to work on my project.
jsayre914
wow, just saw all 43 pages, that is a motivational thread

agree.gif

WOW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.