Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll Bar Vinyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John
I am about to replace my roll bar vinyl on my street 914 and have a question about the proper glue to use. I am replacing the vinyl that I used 10 years ago (not the right material) because:

A.) It has air pockets under the vinyl
B.) It is not the right material.

The vinyl started to lift a long time ago and it was Ok, but I never really liked the way it looked on the car. I used that vinyl because 10 years ago I was cheap, poor and in college and spent my money on other things. I am now going back and re-doing some of the things that I did to cut costs when I repainted the car 10 years ago.

I know there is no rust and that the paint is in good shape under the vinyl as I can see it and besides, I replaced them back when I repainted the car.

My question is what would be the best glue to use? The material I am using now I believe is what I should have used. I purchased it from a vendor represented frequently on this board and it looks good. I am considering using 3M Super Trim Adhesive, but am not sure if I should be using this or if I should be using the 3M General Trim Adhesive.

I am also going to replace the dash vinyl as well and what glue should I use for that?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray Warren
Try this.

Vinyl
boxstr
With every set of CAMP 914 sail vinyl kits the installation instructions say to use 3M Super Trim Adhesive and be sure you have a clean area and READ INSTRUCTIONS.
CCLINCAMP914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.