Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So what did you get for Christmas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jonferns
Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! So what did you get?

I got some clothes, cologne, gift cards, Star Trek dvd, and money for 914 parts w00t.gif Going to buy some SS fuel lines and some rubber from 914rubber.com. I also got to spend some quality time with my family, some I don't see too often.
Pat Garvey
Well, I'm an old fart, so "toys" are rare these days.

Did get a rear bumper top from Mikey, though it will go on the next 914, along with the front from Mikey (by the way, these are better than Factory & a hel of alot less expensive).

Also got some 12 year old Cragganmore & a some clothes/socks, as well as a much needed jacket.

Off to Cincinnati tomorrow to visit the Family. Presents are barred - just good times & revelry. Can't wait!
Pat
TravisNeff
I got a garmin by default. I gave it to my dad, but his GF gave him a tom tom. I like it. A universal remote from Santa (me) to replace the one my daughter lost, and some $$ to help with my next car project.
RJMII
I bought my wife a Wii. biggrin.gif I just posted in the sandbox a thread wondering about people wanting to play across the internet. Now to order Mario Kart, and see if I can learn some tricks from my 8 year old niece on how to play.

She got a mini mill for me to go with my CNC controllers and such from my abandoned router table project. It's supposed to show up in two weeks. (it was backordered from the factory)
Elliot Cannon
Haynes finally came out with a manual I badly needed. I can finally change out that fuel pump on the Lunar Lander.
hot_shoe914
I received nothing. Might buy myself an umbrella top or two for a couple of my teener. Other than that, nada. confused24.gif
rick 918-S
Sandy and I had rock placed on the shore at the lake. We have been working one this lot for three years now and hope to build a new house in a couple years. The lot is 4 acres with 330' of frontage on a private bay. The work was completed in November but the bill arrived just before Christmas. So... This was our gift to each other. It's hard to photo from the shore. Now that the lake is frozen I need to get up there and get a new photo.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
My Son wearing his new auto-darkening helmet, reading the manual for the TIG welder he (WE) got.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 26 2009, 09:11 PM) *
Sandy and I had rock placed on the shore at the lake. We have been working one this lot for three years now and hope to build a new house in a couple years. The lot is 4 acres with 330' of frontage on a private bay. The work was completed in November but the bill arrived just before Christmas. So... This was our gift to each other. It's hard to photo from the shore. Now that the lake is frozen I need to get up there and get a new photo.

What the hell do you mean, the "lake is frozen"? Frozen? WTF.gif
TravisNeff
Gettin tiggy wit it..

I got my son a new bike and a tire pump. My daughter told him that the pump was a pogo stick and proceeded to try it out, funniest damn thing I have seen in a while laugh.gif
rick 918-S

Yep it's frozen about two weeks after they finished placing the rocks.

My son took this on 12-23-09
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 26 2009, 09:20 PM) *

Is that a banjo or a snow shovel. lol-2.gif
914junkie
I got myself a fifth of Crown Royal and drank the whole thing drunk.gif
Merry Christmas biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 26 2009, 09:28 PM) *
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 26 2009, 09:20 PM) *

Is that a banjo or a snow shovel. lol-2.gif

banjo. My youngest son is a musician. He graduated from McNally Smith with an AAS and is now in UMD working on his BA. He's a bassist but plays everything. The banjo is his latest conquest. He's studying blue grass music and the vocal style called "High Lonesome."

Here's a link to Rosco Holcomb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wGgvbHcgyc

Also the old timey music like Ralph Stanley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv1_5drsb20...feature=related

This is the same kid that used to play is a metal band... shades.gif
Graphikhaus
I received a can of Wasabi peas, a bag o' Thai Beef Jerky, a bottle of Gorilla Glue and an iPhone.
Gint
I got a 90 Mk2 Jetta GLI 16v. I put shift linkage bushings in it yesterday. Adjusting the linkage is a little like a 914!

Click to view attachment
zymurgist
I got a 6 pack of assorted beers, 5 of which I had never had before. beer3.gif
dflesburg
Excellence was Expected and a pair of Blue balls for my pickup truck.

Thank you Jennifer and Erik
scotty b
QUOTE(Graphikhaus @ Dec 26 2009, 09:55 PM) *

I received a can of Wasabi peas, a bag o' Thai Beef Jerky, a bottle of Gorilla Glue and an iPhone.

johannes
Excellent ! I need that badly ! ... welder.gif

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 26 2009, 08:46 PM) *

Haynes finally came out with a manual I badly needed. I can finally change out that fuel pump on the Lunar Lander.

D1A3
Got new paint and a new upper dash pad! smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Also got a Wii, some socks and new PJ's. santa_smiley.gif

rfuerst911sc
Santa was good to me this year.
$50.00 gift certificate to Pelican parts
Three Porsche calendars for home,work and man room.
Refrigerated beer dispensor !
Various gift certificates to Home Depot, Lowes and local parts stores.
A $120.00 certificate to stay at B&B in St. Augustine, that's for me and the wife.
Usual stocking stuffer items...............it was a good year.
TJB/914
Wife & I were invited to our daughter's house Christmas Day. I played with the grandchildren (Megan-3, Jacob-5 & Joshua-7) all day building LEGO and roughhousing with them.

The big Christmas gift. smilie_pokal.gif I
We were building a LEGO (648) piece 3-in-1 Sport Car set with the two boys & I was brain washing their young mush minds with things. I said to Joshua, are you going to be an engineer? Yes, because I am good at math. Then, I asked Jacob are you going to be a doctor?? No, he said Megan is going to be the doctor, I am going to be an engineer and build PORSCHE cars for you Papa. w00t.gif Now can you beat that Christmas present!!! My grandkids are going to build Porsche cars for their Papa. I am one happy grandparent. santa_smiley.gif

Tom
GaroldShaffer
Spending the day with my son and watching him build all 10 lego sets he got from Santa and us. As for the wife and me technically nothing, but in 2008 we went for it and bought our time share in Maui. For us it was one of the best things we have done. Every year we spend two weeks in Hawaii so that is our Xmas gift to each other.
J P Stein
A new open face helmet. I no longer need my old closed face jobbie.
It was making this 4eyed old fart crazy.
TeenerTim
I got a plastic candy cane filled with Reeses Cups. At least I got something this year.
craig downs
I got a case of Koshihikari Echigo Beer and the 914 got a new windshield. I spent a lot of money on me this Xmas on a Pioneer Elite A/V receiver and a 6 piece Makita Lithium Ion tool combo set.
oz371
I got a rock. wacko.gif
stephenaki
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Dec 27 2009, 08:57 AM) *

Spending the day with my son and watching him build all 10 lego sets he got from Santa and us. As for teh wife and me technically nothing, but in 2008 we went for it and bought our time share in Maui. For us it was one of the best things we have done. Every year we spend two weeks in Hawaii so that is our Xmas gift to each other.

Looks like you were over in my hometown! I recognize Kilauea! I lived in Hilo and could see Mauna Kea from my front window.
904svo
I got to order new set of RS heads from ACH.
'73-914kid
Front suspension rebuild stuff.. Poly Bronze bushings and Lemfoerder ball joints and turbo tie rods. Got some cash that will go toward car parts, anf a few gift cards.. Tore apart the front end on the car Christmas day as I couldn't wai to see how a proper front setup will drive.
jsayre914
idea.gif Pants, Underware, cash for 914 parts, amazon gift card, few books, and the best one....

a santa suit for the wife aktion035.gif
sww914
I got a stocking full of chocolates, a good knife, and several great books on the subject of living aboard and traveling on a family-sized sailboat. Also an excellent book on the physics of tuning a sailboat rig, illustrated nicely. Fun to study.
dlo914
The GF got me a 3rd Gen iPod shuffle (4gig) and a silicone case for my iPhone. Parent's gave me $$$. Relatives i also got $$$, a knit blanket and some PJ bottoms.
jonferns
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Dec 27 2009, 10:56 PM) *

The GF got me a 3rd Gen iPod shuffle (4gig) and a silicone case for my iPhone. Parent's gave me $$$. Relatives i also got $$$, a knit blanket and some PJ bottoms.

Dan, with all that $$$ you could get yourself back into a 914 wink.gif
Dominic
I got myself a pair of Deep Six Fuchs and a complete set of adjustable koni's (ebay), eventually will be installed on my -6 once it's restored.
carr914
Thanks Santa santa_smiley.gif

Click to view attachment
nsr-jamie
Llyods floor matts in black with the red Porsche logo...I like them a lot and make a nice difference in the interior, my wife bought them, cool !!
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Dec 27 2009, 03:03 PM) *

idea.gif a santa suit for the wife aktion035.gif

Pics??? biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Dec 26 2009, 06:37 PM) *

So what did you get?

A Rubik's Cube! cheer.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 26 2009, 09:14 PM) *

Couple more

You're not on Superior then... That almost never freezes. What lake are you on? I grew up on Lake Elmo outside of St. Paul and we had a cabin (3 bedroom house really) on Lake Minnewawa. For a while here in California I had a houseboat on the Sacramento River and Yopu said she never saw me looking more relaxed and peaceful as when I was on the roof at sunset watching the water...
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 26 2009, 09:11 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Awesome. You'll have good times with the family there for a long time!
EdwardBlume
I got a TV just big enough to see the hockey puck finally.
ConeDodger
I got a digital camera that is small enough to fit in my pocket. Pain in the tail to have to drag that DSLR around and worry about setting it down... Yopu got the same digital camera and an iPod to replace the iPod that Nicho borrowed and then lost after they both got iPods for Christmas last year. Within two weeks he lost the iPod, a digital camera, and his mother's iPod. Needless to say, he got socks and underwear for Christmas this year. At least if he loses those it will be a good story... lol-2.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Dec 28 2009, 12:14 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Dec 27 2009, 03:03 PM) *

idea.gif a santa suit for the wife aktion035.gif

Pics??? biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
markb
QUOTE(oz371 @ Dec 27 2009, 09:32 AM) *

I got a rock. wacko.gif

That's what I got too! biggrin.gif
Shade Tree
A whole bunch of magnetic tool holders so I could ditch the top box on my roll away and replace it with a 39" high by 32" wide cabinet with all of my sockets and wrenches lining the back wall....Man, it's so nice not to dig in a drawer for a socket.
zymurgist
QUOTE(markb @ Dec 28 2009, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(oz371 @ Dec 27 2009, 09:32 AM) *

I got a rock. wacko.gif

That's what I got too! biggrin.gif

I gotta rock! rock_band.gif aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 28 2009, 09:40 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 26 2009, 09:14 PM) *

Couple more

You're not on Superior then... That almost never freezes. What lake are you on? I grew up on Lake Elmo outside of St. Paul and we had a cabin (3 bedroom house really) on Lake Minnewawa. For a while here in California I had a houseboat on the Sacramento River and Yopu said she never saw me looking more relaxed and peaceful as when I was on the roof at sunset watching the water...

I will post in the sand box. I feel like I'm hi-jacking christmas. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.