Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tool to cc heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Well after fixing breakfast, going to church, doing yard work, killing a hornets nest (you guys know how it goes "Yes Honey"), I decided to make the disk to cc the heads. I scounged up a piece of plexiglass and cut it into a square. Drilled a small hole in the center for a pin. I took it to a router with a pin in the plate at 51mm from the cutting edge. 51mm is the radius of the cut in the head to accept 94 & 96 mm cylinders. Then I cut a disk and put a 1/4" hole near the edge to fill the cumbustion chamber
DNHunt
Here it is in a junker head

Dave
Mark Henry
Looks pro Dave!

All you need is a 60cc syringe and your all set.

I have a line with an OR nurse so I got mine!

Use water, as it doesn't wreck the syringe.
smilie_pokal.gif
DNHunt
Mark

Got plenty of syringes. Have to use them everyday, worst part of the job.

Next week a tool to measure deck height.

Dave
Mark Henry
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Mar 21 2004, 04:03 PM)
Mark

Got plenty of syringes. Have to use them everyday, worst part of the job.

Next week a tool to measure deck height.

Dave

Yeh... I figured that, but little 3, 5 or even 10cc syringes are a PITA. Get a big syringe and do the job in one shot.
Dave_Darling
Drill a smaller hole across the other side of the plate. You need a way for the air to get out as you put the "stuff" (of whatever kind) in. Most people seem to use brake fluid or oil; I believe there is less of a meniscus on those so they are easier to measure with.

--DD
McMark
Make me one please. I'll pay. PM me. Actually make me 4. I want spares.
MarkV
I don't know if these will work on type 4 but they look like a great tool for checking deck height.

http://www.vwalley.com/
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 21 2004, 06:56 PM)
Drill a smaller hole across the other side of the plate.  You need a way for the air to get out as you put the "stuff" (of whatever kind) in.  Most people seem to use brake fluid or oil; I believe there is less of a meniscus on those so they are easier to measure with.

--DD

BTDT...oil and brake fluid will wreck the syringe, it's a hell of a mess and not very environmentally friendly. Almost any fluid will work, some are just easier and faster.

The 2nd hole will work but I have never needed it.

Oh, I forgot, smear a thin layer of grease on the outer edge to get a good seal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.