Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 mirrors....which ones?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
I've seen several 914s with late 911 style mirrors and I'm thinking about it. Does anyone know what model to borrow from and what mods are necessary? What works best as a donor, 911/944/928????
ThinAir
I did this to my '72. I used 911s mirrors (at least that's what I'm told they are called).

You have to be VERY careful. I don't know of any jigs to guide you in cutting the 3 holes that are required to mount them. I had a pair of "throw-away" doors to try on. I got one of them right, but the other one always looked like the one ear on a bunny that flops over instead of standing up straight.

Even when you get them right, the curve of the door is not exactly the same so the mirror does not fit perfectly.

I still like the look and will probably experiment more with other junk doors that I have, but it will be a long time before I do it on a set of doors that I intend to actually use. It's just too iffy.

I'm told that both the rectangular mirrors and the oval ones mount to the same holes, but I don't have any experience with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.